• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nelson Iseguan

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ollie Watkins was only ever on loan at WSM wasn't he?
Not sure Tis held back Watkins development as opposed to progressing it though :) Though I think Western were in the Conference South at the time?

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not forgetting Jack Sparkes who couldn’t even get in the 18 yesterday.
From the 360 it looks like he was having a fitness test whilst the others were warming up.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
From the 360 it looks like he was having a fitness test whilst the others were warming up.
Not a fitness test. He would have been the 19th man for the day. That player once the team sheets have been exchanged then does some extra fitness work before kick-off.

LOG

Not a fitness test. He would have been the 19th man for the day. That player once the team sheets have been exchanged then does some extra fitness work before kick-off.
Ah, right (y) I did think it was a bit late to be doing a test!

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes , Coley (and Edwards on loan) currently ahead ...but I think Coley operates on the right and Nelson Iseguan on the left.
May be wrong, but I think Coley played mainly on the left for Maidenhead despite being right footed, which is really useful to have such a versatile option.

Bridgy 81

Reading the Josh Coley thread and how we hope he’ll be more of a factor for us this season made me think of Nelson, who I suppose is potentially competing for a wide berth in the team as well.
I think he also had an interrupted start to last season (injury and/or illness?) but did get some game time on loan at Tiverton.
I didn’t see him play there so am not sure how he did - anyone else watch him at there and have a view?
I see from the videos he’s at The Vale this week so clearly part of the squad and I suppose in the mix for some time in the upcoming pre-season friendlies.
It’ll be even more challenging for him to break into and make his way in a League One team, but that’s the price of success!
Hopefully he’s ready to add something to the team and contribute this year as well as Josh.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Reading the Josh Coley thread and how we hope he’ll be more of a factor for us this season made me think of Nelson, who I suppose is potentially competing for a wide berth in the team as well.
I think he also had an interrupted start to last season (injury and/or illness?) but did get some game time on loan at Tiverton.
I didn’t see him play there so am not sure how he did - anyone else watch him at there and have a view?
I see from the videos he’s at The Vale this week so clearly part of the squad and I suppose in the mix for some time in the upcoming pre-season friendlies.
It’ll be even more challenging for him to break into and make his way in a League One team, but that’s the price of success!
Hopefully he’s ready to add something to the team and contribute this year as well as Josh.
I saw him a couple of times at Tivvy. A big lad, very pacey, gave opponents' right sided defenders a hard time, but often lacking in terms of the final ball, one hopes that will come with experience.

Will he be ready for the 1st team squad? If he gets the chance to impress in PSFs, who knows? He's still only 19; with more games under his belt, it might be time for him to kick on. Could maybe do with a loan spell ideally in Conference South so he can train with us and play cup games?

Rosencrantz

Echo what John said above. Physically he has all the attributes and can give full backs a hard time. He is also a hard worker and would track back well. On the ball he is a bit hit and miss. That is where he needs to add more consistency and possibly concentration to his game. He had spells for Tivvy where he looked far too good for the league, then would mis-control a simple ball.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Echo what John said above. Physically he has all the attributes and can give full backs a hard time. He is also a hard worker and would track back well. On the ball he is a bit hit and miss. That is where he needs to add more consistency and possibly concentration to his game. He had spells for Tivvy where he looked far too good for the league, then would mis-control a simple ball.
What's he like in the air? Sounds like he could become a David Wheeler type wide player?

Grecian Max

What's he like in the air? Sounds like he could become a David Wheeler type wide player?
From the youth games I’ve watched he plays very wide, much more like a traditional winger than Wheeler. Obviously we don’t play like that atm so is hard to see exactly where he fits - bit like the Coley situation. He also appeared to be very left footed which is no bad thing.