• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

T.V. adverts you can't stand

les.gtfc

All those advert for new cars that says you can buy for only £199 per month.

Only when you see the small print does it mention a £5k deposit and a £15k "optional" final payment.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Smug git with a beard on E-Harmony.
I have done E-Harmony a disservice. It's the smug git on Our Time.

Grecian2K

Those Omaze advert with that annoying bint with the whiny 'ickle-girly' voice.

Or that howling harridan wailing on about her rooms smelling like her armpits - hasn't she considered washing them (the armpits, that is)

Oh, and before the usual suspect accuses me of "casual whateverism", in the interests of gender balance fully agree about Eamonn bleddy Holmes and his "ehhhhkin baaaaak".
I'll add that fat Welsh tenor. Go Compare? Go eff-off more like.
And I'm praying for the day when it literally is "No more Mr Nice-Baby"

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
The one with the old bloke in his greenhouse. He's so pleased he's got his funeral plan, life insurance (or whatever it is) sorted out, and he can't wait to tell the old bint next door all about it. One of several adverts shown in the afternoons which are aimed at people aged around 120.

dontpassback

Wiltshire farm foods,delivered by the local chap who by the size of him,looks like he has eaten half of them before the delivery started !

Grecian2K

The one with the old bloke in his greenhouse. He's so pleased he's got his funeral plan, life insurance (or whatever it is) sorted out, and he can't wait to tell the old bint next door all about it. One of several adverts shown in the afternoons which are aimed at people aged around 120.
Oh, I know the one...the "rose in the garden centre". Although she does seem a bit sinister, seemingly intercepting all the old chap's mail...I'd call it disturbingly stalkerish behaviour.

But even that pales into insignificance when being lectured by that Millionaire (once mildly attractive but now resembling a discarded Thunderbirds puppet after all that expensive "work") Vorderman trying to squeeze the last pennies out the the undeserving poor to save them the indignity of a paupers grave.

Grecian2K

Wiltshire farm foods,delivered by the local chap who by the size of him,looks like he has eaten half of them before the delivery started !
Oh come on. He's lucky compared with her new, hapless beau, about to be beguiled by her "sticky toffee pudding*"

*Which, I have to admit though, is a wonderful euphemism worthy of the Carry On film days.

Banksy

Agreed, there’s one of these based in a garden centre starring some wrinkle faced old bat telling everyone in sight about her wonderful funeral plan when all they want is to buy some plants for the garden and enjoy their day , well something like that anyway. That one I particularly dislike.

Banksy

The Cinch car advert and the jerk ‘starring’ in it.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
That yodelling pizza ad we had to suffer during the Euros