• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anyone been watching Vigil?

I quite like it so far. It has a similar format to Line of Duty in that it's layered (not a technical term) with lots going on here and there, but all somehow linked, and with the viewer thinking we're getting closer to the truth only for a twist to take it off in a new direction. Just hope the ending is a bit better than Line of Duty managed, mind.

Oldsmobile-88

I quite like it so far. It has a similar format to Line of Duty in that it's layered (not a technical term) with lots going on here and there, but all somehow linked, and with the viewer thinking we're getting closer to the truth only for a twist to take it off in a new direction. Just hope the ending is a bit better than Line of Duty managed, mind.
Yes...It’s pretty good.A few twists to come no doubt.

Just one thing,it seems very roomy for a Nuclear Sub.Any old submariners care to comment ?

Rosencrantz

Yes...It’s pretty good.A few twists to come no doubt.

Just one thing,it seems very roomy for a Nuclear Sub.Any old submariners care to comment ?
I've seen it mentioned by some ex-submariners that it is incredibly accurate but a bit less cramped than what they were used to, especially headroom. Very enjoyable watch so far though.

Alistair20000

I've seen it mentioned by some ex-submariners that it is incredibly accurate but a bit less cramped than what they were used to, especially headroom. Very enjoyable watch so far though.
I think Oman of these boards used to serve on a submarine so maybe he can comment.

Oldsmobile-88

I think Oman of these boards used to serve on a submarine so maybe he can comment.
He did indeed....See’s a few more grass skirts these days.

Mr Jinx

Is it better than The Terror?

DB9

We've been watching Vera, Even though she is the most unconvincing DCI we enjoy it.

Oldsmobile-88

Another good programme this evening about September 11th 2001.
9/11 : Life Under Attack. Looks at the hour or so after the attack through people’s own video recording.

It took me back to that day.I was doing a job in Tiverton in the afternoon at The Waldrons,the house did not have the TV on. I switched on Radio Devon in the van to hear that both WT Centre Towers had collapsed after a attack & there had been a explosion at The Pentagon,I honestly thought for a minute that WW3 was starting.
My next job was in Crediton.The householder knew nothing of the unfolding events,quickly putting on the TV at my behest after I gave her the brief details.

Oldsmobile-88

7th September 1982.
Coverage of the Trade Union Congress on BBC2.Can’t imagine that had great view figures.A morning of listening to Mick McGahey,King Arthur & Len Murray talking about The Employment Act 1980 & upcoming 1982 update 😁
Is it still televised on a mainstream channel these days ?

Both BBC 1 & ITV networks showing the European Athletics.No gentlemen’s agreement in those days when there was no other TV broadcasting competition.Don’t like athletics ? Hard luck,there is nothing else to watch 😎

Oldsmobile-88

Exactly 40 years ago today.8th September 1981
The first episode of Fools & Horses was broadcasted on BBC1.
It ran for 7 seasons & 64 episodes(inc Christmas Specials)

743A2E69-668D-454A-BFF5-92A73D2D3902.jpeg