• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Bradford City 7/8/21 Matchday Thread

herts_bantam

And if you do, the opposition can’t reasonably claim to have dominated the game. You may not have done anything with it, but they didn’t dominate.
You could totally dominate if you did something with the ball 25% of a game if one happened to bang it in the net three times as opposed to having 75% and doing zilch with the same ball. I don’t know what stats he was using, so cannot comment. Domination was in patches for both yesterday. 5 mins here , 10 mins there meant it was pretty even in my book Don’t forget 2% either way is downright meaningless anyway. It’s 99% opinionated guesswork to create those stats in any case.

herts_bantam

Surely Bradford Park Avenue are the top team is n Bradford.
Yes their ground is at a much higher altitude.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
You could totally dominate if you did something with the ball 25% of a game if one happened to bang it in the net three times as opposed to having 75% and doing zilch with the same ball. I don’t know what stats he was using, so cannot comment. Domination was in patches for both yesterday. 5 mins here , 10 mins there meant it was pretty even in my book Don’t forget 2% either way is downright meaningless anyway. It’s 99% opinionated guesswork to create those stats in any case.
Regardless, you did not dominate the game, anyone who watched that could see that ffs

herts_bantam

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned anywhere but wasn’t the ref awful yesterday. So far behind play and some poor decisions. The linesman on the IP stand side wasn’t much better
You are the first to mention it across two forums and 100,000 words.Opinions eh?

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
You are the first to mention it across two forums and 100,000 words.Opinions eh?
Lino on IP Stan side upset that FECRACE had run out of Tim Taylor by his half time break !

herts_bantam

Regardless, you did not dominate the game, anyone who watched that could see that ffs
What did I say …? .” It was pretty even in my book” , It all about opinions but quoting ridiculous stats from ifollow is no guide. You do know how these “stats” are collected don’t you?, It’s a Sky “ runner” with a notebook and a sharp pencil using a calculator to divide the number of passes in a game. . Perhaps our GPS tracking set up might tell a different story, and perhaps that’s why Adams said what he said. I don’t have a clue, so repeating so everyone understand easily “It was a pretty even“

Worth a read to learn all about possession which surprisingly to some it may seem, doesn’t always mean domination of game, in fact it’s paraphrasing what I said earlier.

How game possession is calculated and they don’t have to be accurate passes, a honk into row Z is classed as a pass

During the game, the passes for each team are totalled up and then each team's total is divided by the game total to produce a percentage figure which shows the percentage of the game that each team has accrued in possession of the ball.”

So FFS didn’t really cut any weight son.

Grecianpasty

What did I say …? .” It was pretty even in my book” , It all about opinions but quoting ridiculous stats from ifollow is no guide. You do know how these “stats” are collected don’t you?, It’s a Sky “ runner” with a notebook and a sharp pencil using a calculator to divide the number of passes in a game. . Perhaps our GPS tracking set up might tell a different story, and perhaps that’s why Adams said what he said. I don’t have a clue, so repeating so everyone understand easily “It was a pretty even“

Worth a read to learn all about possession which surprisingly to some it may seem, doesn’t always mean domination of game, in fact it’s paraphrasing what I said earlier.

How game possession is calculated and they don’t have to be accurate passes, a honk into row Z is classed as a pass

During the game, the passes for each team are totalled up and then each team's total is divided by the game total to produce a percentage figure which shows the percentage of the game that each team has accrued in possession of the ball.”

How patronising. Thankfully most opposition fans that come on this forum have some sense about the game they watched.
Are you derek adams?

Grecian Max

Hahaha...Oooh GPS tracking like every FL club has

You don't need tracking to watch a game of football and know it was a very even match, nowhere near dominated in any sense of the word. We also had the better chances. Adams is chatting sh!t.

STURTZ

-My only stat is that if Atangana had tapped in that easy chance you'd have been travelling all the way hiome with f"ck all points. Count your blessings and **** off potential loser!

I've also enough faith in your fan base to acknowlegge that Adams is full of sh*t that and you'll get totally s8ick of his boringly predictable gameplans and drop him before too long. Blokes a total arse.

Last edited:

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
-My only stat is that if Atangana had tapped in that easy chance you'd have been travelling all the way hiome with f"ck all points. Count your blessings and **** off potential loser!
Very uneccessary. The guy has been very even handed in his opinions and this forum has welcomed many fans of other clubs. Doesnt warrant dogs abuse