• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Groan.Here we go again. Hopefully there will be none for his sake , but there’s always possible injuries to take into account too. No , it would be nice if we could take the money and run now.
I wonder if we have ever considered renegotiating the transfer deal? We could perhaps accept £2.5m to £3.0m now and waive our share of loan deals and the 20% of any future transfer.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
The perfect outcome is for Ethan to earn us the remaining £1.25m from another 43 first team appearances before then being sold for a chunky fee (of which we will net 20%). T'would be good for those 43 appearances to come quickly rather than being strung out as a squad player for years.
Ethan will clock up 43 appearances for Wales, long before he does for Chelsea (if ever) !

Banksy

I wonder if we have ever considered renegotiating the transfer deal? We could perhaps accept £2.5m to £3.0m now and waive our share of loan deals and the 20% of any future transfer.
Grand idea but I expect Chelsea intend to grind us into submission with this one. (That’s if they even think of little old us at all of course which I doubt very much.)

budegrecian

Man Utd looking for a loan fee of between £4 and £5 million to loan out Dalmien Dalot for a season. Ethan surely as good, but even if was to be loaned out for half of that fee, we would receive £400k plus.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Ethan Ampadu linked to Bournemouth

{sorry for the poor quality of the website I've linked to}

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not a doomer when it comes to Ethan, but that would be a significant step back from RB Leipzig and Sheff Utd in the last two years.

I didn't think he had stalled that much.

Bittners a Legend

I'm not a doomer when it comes to Ethan, but that would be a significant step back from RB Leipzig and Sheff Utd in the last two years.

I think the most important thing for Ampadu is to play every week in the position that Chelsea see him developing in for them (no idea what that position is). Whether that is at the bottom of Premier League or top of the Championship probably doesn't matter at his age. Bournemouth might be a step back from Leipzig in stature but if he gets games every week and progresses it will only be a step forward for him.

Reactions: Ash

Colesman Ballz

I am sure Matt Taylor would like to have Harry Kane in his team, but it doesn't mean it will ever happen. There are plenty of Premiership Clubs who would benefit from having Amps on loan, so I don't think that there is much chance of him ending up in the Championship this season.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

Didn't Bournemouth sign Nathan Ake from Chelsea's reserves for £10m?

andrew p long

Didn't Bournemouth sign Nathan Ake from Chelsea's reserves for £10m?
my recollection (and Wikipedia says) it was £20m. The benchmark for an Ampadu sale for optimists like me!