• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Bowman..... (to Shrewsbury)

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's been a massive exodus of players out of the club.A conspiracy theorist would ask if there is something wrong behind the scenes.
Or, KMT has looked at the squad and realised we have some excellent youngsters but the the senior players haven’t been good enough / strong enough / clever enough to get us promoted for two years running, so he needs to swap them out for players that are.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not overly fussed, upon reflecting how many chances he missed, the number of mistimed jumps, the potential for him to be sent off 'cos of his reputation, getting money for him is a bonus, and frees up a hefty salary for purchases.

He'll be happy got two years in League one (subject to Shrewsbury not being relegated) more money, nearer his Carlisle roots. Winners all round

fred binneys head

Anyone able to do a welfare check on FBH?
I’ve been bracing myself for a while, it was on the cards.

Thanks Ryan for everything you gave us, you were my kind of player, a blood and guts, ‘take an elbow and give one back’ kind of player who made up for the occasional lack of technical ability with effort and aggression. And you scored 1 in 3 as a target man fighting lone battles most of the time. That’ll do for me.

Good luck at Shrewsbury big man.

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Best of luck to him. But we need players IN rather then any exodus now. It's not as if we haven't money, which should always go on playing staff.

rifraf

Agree. Lack of signings is very worrying and we have lost a lot of experience in the squad.
Just popping into the garage to find me old boots. Don't want anybody to say i wasn't ready when called.

As a point of interest, are toe caps still allowed? ..... boy, can't wait to head a ball with no laces in it, they didn't half hurt when you got it wrong.

iscalad

Or, KMT has looked at the squad and realised we have some excellent youngsters but the the senior players haven’t been good enough / strong enough / clever enough to get us promoted for two years running, so he needs to swap them out for players that are.
Not disagreeing with this, but news of incoming would be welcome.
I will rely on Exeweb to let me know if they are any good.

Grecian2K

Getting more than concerned now,there had better be some decent signings soon,,or else it will be a season of struggle.
Don't worry. Shades of 2003 - I'm sure that we will be guaranteed a full house to cheer us on (once again) into the Conference.
"Project 6000" will be acclaimed as well and truly met already (albeit for one game only). The season will be celebrated in the boardroom as an overwhelming success and it will be doubles all round for all involved.

Alistair20000

I’ve been bracing myself for a while, it was on the cards.

Thanks Ryan for everything you gave us, you were my kind of player, a blood and guts, ‘take an elbow and give one back’ kind of player who made up for the occasional lack of technical ability with effort and aggression. And you scored 1 in 3 as a target man fighting lone battles most of the time. That’ll do for me.

Good luck at Shrewsbury big man.
New Exeweb "location" to come from you fred ? e.g. I love Josh Coley me ;)

elginCity

May be out of line but is Taylor the cause? A lot of senior players wanting out it seems. Doesn’t seem like we have a large line of signings incoming either.
The public dressing down of Bowman by MT back in Feb time wouldn’t have gone down well with the troops. Beginning of the end for some quite likely.

Exehausted

I really don't get all this panic that's going on. We're still over a week from training starting again. That's when the spies at the Cliff Hill will be telling us of all the unknown cars that are in the car park! Deals will be going on in the back ground. Even by exeweb standards, this growing fear of impending relegation or close to it when we haven't even started training yet is unbelievable. Get a grip people!