• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Also both are better in a back 3 where there is more cover for them making forays upfield or being caught out of position.

However Ampadu is nearly 14 years younger than Luiz, well ahead of him career-wise at a similar age, and has the potential to outmatch him. I just fear he may not make that step up to being a top, top player with nearly 600 career appearances, hoping to be proved wrong though.
I agree with you.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure about other games TPC, but I watched him away at Colchester when he had just burst onto the scene, and he totally bossed that game, he was even giving instructions to our entire team, and they seemed to be listening to him and following the instructions. Really surprised me as there were a lot of experienced pro's in the side !
Also worth remembering that this team would go on to probably be the best City team we've seen in recent years, although, of course, they hadn't quite reached that point when we played Colchester away.

ElTorro

A season at Leeds would up his work rate and improve him.

Trapdoor

A season at Leeds would up his work rate and improve him.
Hopefully he would get the dirty Leeds scumbags relegated in a similar manner to his work at the blades.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hopefully he would get the dirty Leeds scumbags relegated in a similar manner to his work at the blades.
Just for the record Sheffield United had a decent defensive record which was due as much to Amps contributions as anything. Their failings were upfront in their lack of goals scored.

grecIAN Harris

Amps on the bench for Wales this afternoon.

andrew p long

Amps on the bench for Wales this afternoon.
Unsurprising after just 45 minutes football in the last 6 weeks or so. He didn't look ready for 90 minutes a week ago. This game came probably a week too early for him.

IndoMike

Unsurprising after just 45 minutes football in the last 6 weeks or so. He didn't look ready for 90 minutes a week ago. This game came probably a week too early for him.
They could start with Amps and then take him off of later if gets tired. Seems to me the more logical way of doing things. On the other hand, if they can do well without him starting why play him.
I rest my uncertain case
Anyway : good luck to our Welsh friends

Banksy

Plays a blinder of a tournament , gets a twenty million transfer , we pocket three million.Beautiful.

IndoMike

Plays a blinder of a tournament , gets a twenty million transfer , we pocket three million.Beautiful.
If only life worked out that way ....sigh ...