• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nicky Ajose

Topsham Boy

Calm down Dear. I don't have a "divine right" to know anything, nor did I imply that I did.. It is in fact as you put it, "ECFC is far more communicative than most" that makes it even more strange that they dont actually let the fans know something that we actually want to know about, ie a player that we were introduced to in a blaze of triumph and being heralded by our Manager as the Striker that was going to change our fortunes.
We are not MUFC, and i couldnt give a toss what the Glazer family get up to. Football is a business i agree, but a business that is dependent on paying public(fans)and as we are constantly being told, we are different, trust run, transparent etc etc.
Completely agree. Given how Matt T. talked up Ajose as a marquee signing, the wall of silence over the last weeks and months is not the way to treat the fans. Is ECFC really that different then or are we being mugged off?

Topsham Boy

Ajose has been here best part of 2 years. The fanbase has been asking questions as to his fitness/availability/personality etc etc for the best part of 2 years. Not unreasonable i think. Why do the Press not simply ASK the player himself wtf is going on ? Seeing as the club seem to want to keep us in the dark with no more than "Seymour and Fisher are in front of him" and "Ajose doesnt train on 3g pitch" Come on Stuart James,(other journos are invited!) do what the press are suppose to do...... and get to the bottom of a longwinded saga.
Makes you think they have been warned off, and Ajose told to say nothing to nobody.

Positive spin

Does anyone know if the contract for this total waste of space runs out this summer or do we have to put up with yet another year of him doing bugger all but still draining the clubs finances ?

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Does anyone know if the contract for this total waste of space runs out this summer or do we have to put up with yet another year of him doing bugger all but still draining the clubs finances ?
Nothing definite has been reported on these pages. The interview with MT when Ajose signed had worrying bits when MT emphasised how we had beaten other interested clubs (in League One) to the signing, that goalscorers cost a lot of money, thanked the board for backing him (is that code for 'exceeding budget'?). All sounded like an expensive and lengthy contract

More promisingly some have suggested that a third year of Ajose's contract would have been conditional on making a certain number of appearances, which clearly won't have been fulfilled.

Fingers crossed!

milts

I wonder where Ajose will end up next.

It’d make us look abit silly if he ended up in football league or conference and scarred a hat full of goals.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hes retiring, see post #311

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hes retiring, see post #311
Allegedly .
But whether he wants to or not he might have to. Which club in their right mind would take him? (Agree many clubs are not in their right mind).
One thing that bothers me is that we have been left to speculate about and even criticise Ajose without the club ever supporting Ajose nor giving a full explanation. Surely the club knows that fans are confused about the Ajose situation. .
For those that say it is none of the fans' business, do they honestly think that the fans would simply ignore the issue? Even if fans are not shareholders they are at least stakeholders.

Last edited:

Langer

I would imagine his stock for securing another lucrative contract has diminished slightly.

Legohead

Banned
Allegedly .
But whether he wants to or not he might have to. Which club in their right mind would take him? (Agree many clubs are not in their right mind).
One thing that bothers me is that we have been left to speculate about and even criticise Ajose without the club ever supporting Ajose nor giving a full explanation. Surely the club knows that fans are confused about the Ajose situation. .
For those that say it is none of the fans' business, do they honestly think that the fans would simply ignore the issue? Even if fans are not shareholders they are at least stakeholders.
Indeed. It does seem that lots of things are kept from the fans which is odd when the club seem to pride itself on being trust run.

CC

I would imagine his stock for securing another lucrative contract has diminished slightly.
Desperation causes clubs to make strange decisions - didn't Southend give Nile Ranger a contract this year?