• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Salford : MDT : 1pm KO

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
So how does your summary of the game and the performances compare? Mine was fair and based on what i saw. In short, ugly win which we didn't deserve and move on. Is that better?
Mine concurs with yours, other than that Sparkes was as mediocre as his other midfield colleagues

Legohead

Banned
Probably similar. I’m too busy skipping around my living room. Just too swift to bring the mood down for my liking.
Haha ok. It's just a relief to get the points.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
A very useful tool. We have won five games and drawn one with him blowing the whistle.
He did his best to ruin that record today.Must have heard about those stats and wanted to even it up

Legohead

Banned
Brave decision today to drop Bowman and start Seymour. Even more so when you consider that Salford were right behind us and a win for them would have seen them leapfrog us. Also when you consider that we were on a run of 3 losses and actually really poor performances in those games and the pressure to get a win today and not make any **** ups must have been considerable on MT.

Massive credit to him for making that change and whilst it didn't work out as he'd hoped, the side still managed to get the 3 points and i'm pleased for MT about that.

STURTZ

Can't see the point of Seymour TBH but KMT must so got to admire his patience. If our manager took any notice of the likes of us Hartridge wouldn't have got the chance to bed in an prove such a strong player. On that note I do hope that he is going to do a Jordan Storey on us, I'm hoping he'll stay with us for some time.

Legohead

Banned
Can't see the point of Seymour TBH but KMT must so got to admire his patience. If our manager took any notice of the likes of us Hartridge wouldn't have got the chance to bed in an prove such a strong player. On that note I do hope that he is going to do a Jordan Storey on us, I'm hoping he'll stay with us for some time.
I agree but Hartridge has gradually proved that over time, he's actually got something about him and is developing well. Translating to productiveness on the pitch when he's given the chance. It's there for everyone to see. In contrast, Seymour has yet to prove on the field that he has anything remotely that you could identify as potential or that he's improving. He gets worse every time i see him. How long do you give a player who shows nothing every time he gets competitive action? I feel it's a reasonable question to be asking.

With the likes of Ajose being out and Fisher being dire, this season has been the perfect opportunity for him to stake a claim and take the many chances afforded to him but he's not impressed at all, nor shown glimpses of that potential that someone at the club believes he has in him.

Grecian Max

Individually Salford have some very good players as you expect - I quite like that their forward players were willing to pull the trigger a lot quicker than putts tend to do. They aren’t a poor side but lack identity and aren’t cohesive.

We actually played better against Oldham but there you go. Possible confidence builder and you only have to look at the fixtures today and the the BH weekend to see the table could look very different in 10 days time. Need multiple wins in a row now though.

Hartridge is going to make us good money, he is rapidly improving. I enjoy watching him play.

Is it wrong to hope we don’t make the play offs? I just don’t think I could take another get your hopes up situation...it’s painful.

Individually Salford have some very good players as you expect - I quite like that their forward players were willing to pull the trigger a lot quicker than putts tend to do. They aren’t a poor side but lack identity and aren’t cohesive.

We actually played better against Oldham but there you go. Possible confidence builder and you only have to look at the fixtures today and the the BH weekend to see the table could look very different in 10 days time. Need multiple wins in a row now though.

Hartridge is going to make us good money, he is rapidly improving. I enjoy watching him play.
I’m liking Hartridge more and more. Think he’s gonna be too notch at this level

Grecian Max

Must also be said that there have been loads of games this season that we haven’t got what we deserved so I’ll take a spawny win thanks