• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Salford : MDT : 1pm KO

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
The most entertaining thing about that game was the away commentator getting crosser and crosser with the referee.

But we won, which is not to be sniffed at under any circumstances

dontpassback

When I said just bleddy win,I dont care how,I didn’t realise that the management team was taking any notice ! Still 3 points is good and as stated by others it’s about time we won ugly UTC

Albumen

Just need a few results to go our way out of the clubs above us this afternoon and it's a good day. I've got my Covid jab tomorrow too against my natural instincts so that won't be a good day. Today makes up for that.

Defensively i thought we were sound, McArdle and Hartridge again excellent. Page and Key offered little from an offensive point of view but were solid. Andresson again very little to do really in terms of shots at him but was confident again other than a few of the usual dodgy kicks. Taylor, Collins and Willmott pretty bad in all honesty with Sparkes not much better. The midfield in general lacked creativity, the ability to use the ball well and were very lax today. Seymour anonymous again, Bowman was also until about the 75th minute where he did get more involved and got stuck in a bit more. Nige did OK.

Overall, an underwhelming performance, poor again in terms of number of chances created and lessons to learn / improvement needed for Vale but it gets us back on track and we can build again. Attention turns to this afternoons L2 results.

Sigh of relief. Points in the back and learn how we can improve for the next game. Well done to the lads and MT for the win. The pressure was on today and that can't have been easy.
God I wish I hadn’t just read that. Cheer up.

Alistair20000

That ref a tool.
A very useful tool. We have won five games and drawn one with him blowing the whistle.

STURTZ

Seems our luck has changed, Halle bloody lujah! 😊

arthur

Tbf, Bowman just looks like a taller version of Seymour considering what he's done since coming on. One thing is for sure, we need an entire clean out of our attackers come the summer.
Going up a division without a tried and tested strike force is inviting misery

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ugly 1-0 wins infinitely preferable to unlucky glorious 2-1 defeats.

Now, for once, we need a decent Easter

UTC. Keep the faith

Legohead

Banned
God I wish I hadn’t just read that. Cheer up.
So how does your summary of the game and the performances compare? Mine was fair and based on what i saw. In short, ugly win which we didn't deserve.

Rosencrantz

A very useful tool. We have won five games and drawn one with him blowing the whistle.
He certainly have us plenty of practice defending free kicks 😉

Albumen

So how does your summary of the game and the performances compare?
Probably similar. I’m too busy skipping around my living room. Just too swift to bring the mood down for my liking.