• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Jay

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
My you have a downer on the lad, often referred to by peers as most talented player backed up by say over 20 goals, through the ECFC academy which apparently carries a premium nowadays and you reckon 125k - would not happen at that price so bound to be more and I would lean towards TPC's valuation before we started talking to anyone.
A downer? What - with one little comment about his transfer value?
I think he has more value to us than the probable transfer fee. This is his first truly successful season, at the age of 25. If he could follow it up next season then I might agree 250-350k, but not yet .
Anyway, we'll find out some time : I'll remember this post

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Snoopy wants a million plus !
We don't always get what we want!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
A tad unrealistic I think.
Perhaps, but 14 goals and 5 assists this season is a good return with a third of the season still to go. Hes entering his prime and I think closer to the 1m is more realistic than 250k. Was it Wheeler who went for 400k? Jay's a better footballer and in a good Championship side I could see him really flourishing.

IndoMike

Perhaps, but 14 goals and 5 assists this season is a good return with a third of the season still to go. Hes entering his prime and I think closer to the 1m is more realistic than 250k. Was it Wheeler who went for 400k? Jay's a better footballer and in a good Championship side I could see him really flourishing.
Snoop. Sorry, mate, but you must be joking.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I humbly beg to disagree.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm really not Mike. Its hard to value a player under current circumstances as we've yet to really see what effect the pandemic will have on player prices, but Covid aside, I truly believe Jay is worth closer to 1m than to 250k.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I humbly beg to disagree.
Fair enough, its all about opinions. Wheeler was great in the air, but in all other aspects of the game I'd say MJ is superior

IndoMike

I'm really not Mike. Its hard to value a player under current circumstances as we've yet to really see what effect the pandemic will have on player prices, but Covid aside, I truly believe Jay is worth closer to 1m than to 250k.
Ok Snoop. We'll have to see. But I don't think he's going anywhere anyway

STURTZ

Fair enough, its all about opinions. Wheeler was great in the air, but in all other aspects of the game I'd say MJ is superior
Very good in the air but I think only two of his goals were headed in his 20 goal 16-17 season, he scored some cracking goals with his feet, not bad for a winger!

I think Jay may be good in league 1 but doubt he could go further, has scored some beauties though, certainly better than Nichols ever managed.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Number 7 wasn't bad ! 14 was tidy and 15 :ROFLMAO:

Tom Nichols: Exeter City Golden Boot winner 2014/15 - YouTube