• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wonder however I managed when the most I earned in a year was £18,000. And for very few of the nigh on 50 years I worked. I didn't realise there were so many rich barstewards in Devon.
Outlanders who have moved in isca. Furriners innit.

iscalad

Outlanders who have moved in isca. Furriners innit.
Who pays that sort of wage in Devon???

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster

This place for starters.

iscalad

This place for starters.
And how long have they been in Devon?
And how many qualifications would you need?

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Met office moved to Exeter in 2003 so nearly 18 years ago.
No idea on the Qualifications needed and I don’t really care. My point is that the jobs paying the money do exist in Devon if you go looking for them and are trained for them.
Despite what people may want to think, Devon isn’t some 3rd world deprived region.

IndoMike

Well, Johnson would lap up some of the recent comments on this thread.
Divide and rule!
Look! Some posters are actually defending the 1% only pay rise for nurses. And others are comparing nurses' salaries with workers who are even worse off and concluding that nurses should feel lucky
What short memories some people have!
I think Johnson is much smarter than I thought : he's actually GAINING in popularity despite the series of fark-ups, the scandals, the blatant and arrogant cronyism (= euphemism for corruption), the lies, the little deceits...It seems like the more he does wrong the more liked he becomes. I can only put this down to Mass Masochism or Total Naivety.
Clearly the nation is being dumbed down - evidenced by the weird and hugely hyped junk TV programs like "Loser celebrities prancing around trying to dance", "Loser celebrities stuck on an island boring the pants off everyone" and "Loser celebrities baking a cake". As a result, nobody seems to care about serious and very real issues that confront the UK nor the imo shockingly arrogant and entitled behaviour of our t*sser Govt. People just go along with it
So congratulations, Johnson. You and your ministerial clique are mugging the British public on a daily basis and yet the suckers are coming back for more. I can see now that no matter what you do you will win the next election.

Oldsmobile-88

A interesting thread.Lots of stats for Devon.
All going in the right direction.

IndoMike

A interesting thread.Lots of stats for Devon.
All going in the right direction.
The whole purpose of lockdown is to reduce the number of cases and hence the number of deaths.. According to the stats the lockdown is therefore successful. The test will come after lockdown is removed. Hopefully the vaccination campaign will help to keep numbers low

Oldsmobile-88

The whole purpose of lockdown is to reduce the number of cases and hence the number of deaths.. According to the stats the lockdown is therefore successful. The test will come after lockdown is removed. Hopefully the vaccination campaign will help to keep numbers low
The vaccination programme appears to be having the effect of a sharper fall in numbers compared to the lockdown last March to May..

IndoMike

The vaccination programme appears to be having the effect of a sharper fall in numbers compared to the lockdown last March to May..
That's good. As I said, we'll have to see what happens after lockdown is terminated. I think we can be optimistic, but the proof will be in the pudding. I've seen too much to take anything for granted