• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Philip Rutnam: Ex-Home Office boss settles unfair dismissal case - BBC News
Nice one Priti!

With brushwork like this you really should join the Witham curling team. :mad:

Mr Jinx

Italy in cahoots with the EU Commission blocks the export of 250K AZ vaccines destined for Australia.
Not a good look to interfere with the contractual obligations of a private company and its products I would suggest.
Especially as EU members have spent a lot of energy lately dissing the AstraZeneca vaccine. Oh the irony.

The shambles morphs into farce.

DB9

Especially as EU members have spent a lot of energy lately dissing the AstraZeneca vaccine. Oh the irony.

Germany finally giving the AZ vaccine for over 65's the green light.

tavyred

WHO Europe now warning that infections in parts of Europe are on the rise again, Poland stating that if another wave hits Europe it will be down to the EU Commission and its bungling of the vaccine procurement process.
This could get nasty.

tavyred

Canada approves the UK’s approach of a longer gap between jabs also.

DB9

Canada approves the UK’s approach of a longer gap between jabs also.
This is not about EU v UK v Brexit v AZ etc, This is an international health emergency and the EU and some European nations are behaving like the school bully IMHO, Start to block legitimate vials that a country has bought from a private company because you've screwed up your rollout but too pig headed to admit it so putting Europe's health at risk is a crime in itself. I'm so saddened with the way these countries are doing things.

I must admit i was a bit concerned when we extended the time between jabs but it seems to have been the right thing, Get more people done with one jab and then go back for the second round of jabs.

Alistair20000

Poor old Elgy will be distressed at this behaviour from the EU. 😢

Definitely not Proper Chaps. (n)

Alistair20000

I don't think Merkel has been too happy with the headlines in the German press recently over the vaccine roll out debacle. I sense the German public is rearing up too.

Is she about to be yet further evidence of Enoch Powell's iron law of politics that, unless prematurely cut short, all political career end in failure ?

DB9

I don't think Merkel has been too happy with the headlines in the German press recently over the vaccine roll out debacle. I sense the German public is rearing up too.

Is she about to be yet further evidence of Enoch Powell's iron law of politics that, unless prematurely cut short, all political career end in failure ?
As she is getting nearer the time when she goes from the international stage, Would you really want more Covid related deaths because of your stubbonness as your legacy?

Alistair20000

As she is getting nearer the time when she goes from the international stage, Would you really want more Covid related deaths because of your stubbonise as your legacy?
What happens last gets remembered most....................and not just in politics

Reactions: DB9