• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Colchester United v Exeter City Matchday Thread

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Back in the play-off semi final against Colchester, Ben Seymour was sprinting down the middle of the pitch and all it needed was for Ryan Bowman to pass to him and he would have had a simple tap-in to score his first senior goal and send City to Wembley; unfortunately Ryan didn't see him but luckily he scored a belter of a goal himself. How ironic, then, that after another 8 months of waiting his first league goal finally comes against the same team and he only got his chance in the team because Ryan was suspended.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Key MOM by a mile.
He was good especially bearing in mind Matt's comments but Archie was something else today all over the pitch

ryancooper327

I’m annoyed Jay’s was chalked off, was a great header. Seymour’s was equally good though to be fair. We played some really good football at times, happy days.

I wouldn’t say the CBs were ‘solid’ as has been said on here, they were barely tested and Col broke through a few times with a bit of pace, still think the plan will be for Stubbs to take the place of Sweeney when he is fit.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Have I misunderstood you here? Of course you can be taught to kick better. The brain continues to build synaptic pathways (just read the talent code (smug ******* - ha) brilliant book) until youre at least 40. How old are you, Pete?😜. Absolutely no reason why this lad can’t learn to drill a ball properly. Really isn’t hard for someone with his natural abilities.

You’re right on his command of the area; Absolute superstar.
Also bear in mind that he's only 19. Isn't it the case that men's bodies aren't fully developed in terms of muscle strength until they're about 25?

Red Devon

Very good performance all round, particularly pleasing to see Seymour get his goal. Our attitude and commitment is becoming a real standout for me at the moment too👍🏻

IndoMike

Wrong direction

Last edited:

IndoMike

I agree about the first paragraph. Nobody can coach a goalkeeper to kick a ball properly. Either he can kick a ball comfortably, or he cant. Its not something he can learn. The obvious fact is that he's totally left footed, and in last nights game he couldnt relay very well on that one! He was lucky not to get punished twice with clearances that wound up at the feet of opposition players. Luckily they weren't expecting that kind of gift! Andresson's command of the goal area is outstanding, better than Ward or Maxted. We can only hope this kicking issue is going to work out eventually.
Sorry, Pete, but rhat's total rubbish, He's only 19 and can improve any weaknesses he has.

STURTZ

Sorry, Pete, but rhat's total rubbish, He's only 19 and can improve any weaknesses he has.
Agree. We were all exasperated by the wayward kicking of Paul Jones, some saw it as a major flaw. Yet when he came back, playing I think for Pompie, his kicking was the strongest part of his game, (Still couldn't hanjdle a cross though!)

STURTZ

......Having said that, as far as Reading are concerned his kicking is so crap that he'll never make it in football, get rid!

Fareham Grecian

Have I misunderstood you here? Of course you can be taught to kick better. The brain continues to build synaptic pathways (just read the talent code (smug ******* - ha) brilliant book) until youre at least 40. How old are you, Pete?😜. Absolutely no reason why this lad can’t learn to drill a ball properly. Really isn’t hard for someone with his natural abilities.
Pete is in his 80s but has the mental age of around 7.