• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Newport County vs Exeter City Matchday Thread

Exehausted

This will end up about 4-1

It could really fook our season up, particularly with Bowman out for 3 games. I hope he gets fined.
Or galvanise us.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Or galvanise us.
Can the Iceman play up front ?

suffolklad

I don't think Bowman new he was there he was watching the ball and jumped for it. the bloke came from behind him. Accidental in my book. Yellow

Legohead

Banned
Hartridge was naive. He was last man and decided to get into a protracted tussle with Maynard instead of giving him space but still being close enough to cover his run. If you are going to jump all over Maynard then the ref has an easy decision to make. It was slightly harsh i guess but stupidity from Hartridge.

Bowmans elbow incident i'll have to see it again as i was preparing some food at the time and didn't see it properly. I saw the lino though who certainly cannot be missed. Gargantuan.

If we get ourselves organised and work our socks off then we could get lucky and get something out of the game and i'd have taken a point at kick off. Newport clearly will have many chances and so it's about how we apply ourselves and hope for a bit of luck. It's an energy sapping surface though and hard enough with 11 men, let alone 9 and this i think will just do for us in the end.

We've done really well though first half all things considered. COYR!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've not seen either sending off yet but it doesn't sound like we'd appeal either. Not too worried about losing Hartridge but Bowman is a massive loss. Fisher will replace him and get injured after about half an hour and then we're left with Seymour up top to do the dog work alone.

jimbo-gould

Soft or not (IMO not), Bowman lead with an elbow challenging a player 1 m in front of the lino. Get that slightly wrong and you have given official the best for you in the house of you elbowing someone. Stupid in my book.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Depends if the appeal is judged as frivolous. Hard one to judge. Looked soft, but sadly I fear the lino had the best view.

Martin please; "It looked soft"? How on earth could any of us conclude that with the cameraman being 60 ft from the incident?

Macca

Google it 😁
Dont believe everything you read on the Internet! Archie is 5'8, look in the squad photos, Matty is a good 4 inches shorter

jimbo-gould

Collins in the false 9 position. Taylor going through Guardiola while we’re down to 9 men. Total football.

Albumen

It’s funny, as soon as hartridge made his challenge I said to my son “oh my god what’s he doing, that’s a red card” and I said the same thing after bowman made his challenge. He clearly threw an elbow and deserved a red, it was a stupid challenge.
This is no time for pragmatism.