• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Newport County vs Exeter City Matchday Thread

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's a bit sad that the talking point on here is still the red cards a couple of days after what was a monumental second half defensive battle. One of the most enjoyable/exciting (in its own way) performances I've seen this season, can't believe someone said the cross should have been dealt with on their goal, we had been constantly defending for 50 minutes, it was bound to come at some point. You never know how valuable that point could be at the end of season. Grimsby and Colchester next, we push on.
Totally agree, although, personally, I would also like to see debate on whether that was Ryan Bowman's best goal for City.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Actually what the ref pulled was a red card variant. It mirrors the existing red card but has a mutation on the spike which.means it is 80% quicker to be produced, reacts with mud and may well be immune to the appeal process.

STURTZ

Incidentally I do agree with Antman this was a phenomenal result. At half time expectations were pretty low, checking back I was pleased to see that I did moot the possibility of a famous.result. But the strength and discipline in putting the plan together was amazing. A game which will be referred to in years to come IMHO. Closest comparison for me was that game at Swindon in our league 1 days. They were a top club but we beat out everything they could throw at us. Hero of that night was one Matt Taylor.

wiveygrecian

Incidentally I do agree with Antman this was a phenomenal result. At half time expectations were pretty low, checking back I was pleased to see that I did moot the possibility of a famous.result. But the strength and discipline in putting the plan together was amazing. A game which will be referred to in years to come IMHO. Closest comparison for me was that game at Swindon in our league 1 days. They were a top club but we beat out everything they could throw at us. Hero of that night was one Matt Taylor.
Yes the Swindon game was very similar without the red cards . They battered us but we hung on until a late goal made it 1-1. Strange as well we had a young Ryan Taylor up front then who played really well and he started for Newport against us on Tuesday!

Rosencrantz

I was thinking of that game as well during the second half and then remembered that they equalised late on ironically from an unfortunate Matt Taylor own goal. There was little he could do about it and he had been absolutely outstanding all night. Your favourite James Dunne got our, very good, goal that night.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
For me it was Man U at old trafford keeping an eye on the clock to see how long we had to last.

Good effort, both reds unfortunately, Hartridge was harsh, Bowman was stoopid, strange no other bookings of note. Pitch was a disgrace, and being used for egg chasing tonight, before Newport play on it again on Sunday against the Vegans after a potential downpour tomorrow with a weather warning starting today and progressing theough until Sunday - can't see that match going ahead!

Despite the efforts of the nine, another away draw which we should have won 'cos Newport were Dogsheet, and it is these draws that are going to cost us at the final countdown

IndoMike

When we came back from 0-3 down v Yeovil @ SJP was a good 'un, but I guess there have been many good 'uns. Barnsley 3 City 4 was another.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Actually what the ref pulled was a red card variant. It mirrors the existing red card but has a mutation on the spike which.means it is 80% quicker to be produced, reacts with mud and may well be immune to the appeal process.
Causing Bowman to self-isolate for 3 matches.

onemansview

My home is Chesterfield but my heart is in Tokyo
I was thinking of that game as well during the second half and then remembered that they equalised late on ironically from an unfortunate Matt Taylor own goal. There was little he could do about it and he had been absolutely outstanding all night. Your favourite James Dunne got our, very good, goal that night.
Ah Swindon-One of the all time best defensive displays I ever saw from City that night. On TV but I still traveled down from Brum to be there. Great support too and the noise we made, particularly in the second half was inspirational I'm sure.