• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC v Bradford City FC matchday thread

CWH-NYC_

Jay or Gundo - who takes a better penalty 😂

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jay or Gundo - who takes a better penalty 😂
Man City have an awful penalty record at Anfield. MJ would have scored.

jase 07

Man City have an awful penalty record at Anfield. MJ would have scored.
He has redeemed himself now

STURTZ

Just a thought but who gets the assist for Bradfords second goaL, Sweeny or Sparkes? 🤪

Rosencrantz

Just a thought but who gets the assist for Bradfords second goaL, Sweeny or Sparkes? 🤪
The one thing both goals have in common is that an opponent was allowed to carry the ball a long way without a meaningful challenge. The only difference is that at least the second one was shown into traffic allowing us to win the ball but on the edge of our own area.

Grecian2K

According to our Pate it was Jock Mc'Ull wasn't it?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
The one thing both goals have in common is that an opponent was allowed to carry the ball a long way without a meaningful challenge. The only difference is that at least the second one was shown into traffic allowing us to win the ball but on the edge of our own area.
Not having a good holding midfielder whose job is protecting the defence and cutting these plays out has been our Achilles heel for years and years and years. Jordan Tillson is the nearest we have had but Matt Taylor obviously didn't rate him and has not really replaced him. I had hoped Atangana was going to be that guy but he has been disappointing recently. Neither Jake T nor Collins are by instinct disciplined in that way, both want to play further forward.

Not sure what the solution is. Maybe try something different? If Stubbs gets fit and plays regularly Sweeney might be tried there - he reads the game and can pass.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not having a good holding midfielder whose job is protecting the defence and cutting these plays out has been our Achilles heel for years and years and years. Jordan Tillson is the nearest we have had but Matt Taylor obviously didn't rate him and has not really replaced him. I had hoped Atangana was going to be that guy but he has been disappointing recently. Neither Jake T nor Collins are by instinct disciplined in that way, both want to play further forward.

Not sure what the solution is. Maybe try something different? If Stubbs gets fit and plays regularly Sweeney might be tried there - he reads the game and can pass.
Doesn't turn quick enough and you need to be two footed to play that position which requires a surprising amount of technique even though it's not very creative. I agree with your concerns about that position. Archie is the most suitable player for it but we need someone less creative there who can just get in the way a lot when there's a counter attack.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Stubbs gets fit and plays regularly Sweeney might be tried there - he reads the game and can pass.
Pass yes but where? How heavy, not the answer I don't think to a holding midfielder, sweeper perhaps, but then who do you drop to accommodate

Albumen

I wouldn’t wanna mess up what we have. Collins and Taylor are doing just fine for me.