• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Harrogate v Exeter City Matchday Thread (7pm kick off)

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
He did not have a lot to do really as Harrogate were mediocre but certainly made the saves that spared our sorry arses tonight.
Also swept well and punched well.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster

STURTZ

Like I said Williams created three fairly easy chances in the FGR game someone puts those away and he'd be midway up your hallowed table of worhiness, he also poached the ball, beat a player and laid it to Jay who touched it back to Collins. Nice assist Jay! Fact is it's a team game and we're a better team with him in it.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matt Taylor thought we created plenty of chances tonight and he also thought Maxted barely had a save to make.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Like I said Williams created three fairly easy chances in the FGR game someone puts those away and he'd be midway up your hallowed table of worhiness, he also poached the ball, beat a player and laid it to Jay who touched it back to Collins. Nice assist Jay! Fact is we're a better team with him in it and when it comes down to it it's a team game and we're better with him in it.
One assist all season, say no more.

I thought our back four looked pretty solid on an awful pitch. This is a huge step forward, but we are lacking creativity further up the pitch. Time to rest JR and get Law back in the side.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought our back four looked pretty solid on an awful pitch. This is a huge step forward, but we are lacking creativity further up the pitch. Time to rest JR and get Law back in the side.
I think it is more likely that Sparkes will get a runout. Looked good today. JR or JK need to watch out.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fisher, Ajose, Seymour. 3 attacking players the manager doesn't rate and doesn't want to use.
Do you rate them? Really not sure I do, but I think you go with one of them and give them more game time off the bench at this point if we're not bringing anyone else in. Seymour for me looks the best of the three but really not sure about any of them.

Grecian Max

Whilst I don’t think he has had a great season we miss Williams going forward because he’s a genuine winger who pulls wide - Josh Key for me despite his youth credentials is a right back. The Caprice/Key link up just isn’t as good. Too similar in style.

Bowmans finishing when he bothered to play in a largely anonymous performance was again woeful. Hat tricks in the thrashings, loads of missed chances in the games where we need that one goal to swing it for us.

Randall has also gone totally off the boil. Why is Law getting so little game time? The bloke is class and makes passes no one else in our team would.

The omission of Ajose and Fisher is getting silly now. Why reduce your options, there has to be a reason behind this. It was crying out for someone with nous, all this time and Ajose gets 16 starts ffs.

I like Matt Taylor a lot, my main criticism is he can’t seem to shift games in the other direction when it’s not happening for us.

Last edited: