• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC Academy graduate current XI

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
So how would a team composed of exclusively ECFC Academy graduates now look? - as they are today for a game in a couple of weeks, so players like Dan Seaborne no longer count etc. A few changes I reckon since last season:-

Pym
Key Storey JMT Friend
Ampadu Grimes
Jay Sercombe Randell
Watkins

Subs Moxey, Bennett, Collins, Nichols, (Jamie) Reid, Stansfield and Lewis Williams as GK

In reserve - Sparkes, Chrisene, Hartridge etc

Rosencrantz

Mark Ellis is still knocking around as well, at Tranmere I think. Always been a solid centre back.

jimbo-gould

I went with this a while ago. I think the task at the time was in regards to keeping it young before the Friend/Sercombe argument comes up.

Trapdoor

Ignore me, I missed the part about a hypothetical game next week.

grecIAN Harris

So how would a team composed of exclusively ECFC Academy graduates now look? - as they are today for a game in a couple of weeks, so players like Dan Seaborne no longer count etc. A few changes I reckon since last season:-

Pym
Key Storey JMT Friend
Ampadu Grimes
Jay Sercombe Randell
Watkins

Subs Moxey, Bennett, Collins, Nichols, (Jamie) Reid, Stansfield and Lewis Williams as GK

In reserve - Sparkes, Chrisene, Hartridge etc
I'd be more inclined to have Friend a centre back, Deano at left back and leave JMT out.

Reactions: Ash

Antony Moxey

Not sure you can leave out Deano, Phillips, Hiley or Marker, all of whom played in the Premier League.

iscalad

Not sure you can leave out Deano, Phillips, Hiley or Marker, all of whom played in the Premier League.
Would they be available to play in a couple of weeks???

Antony Moxey

Well eight of the OP’s starting 11 wouldn’t as they’re at other clubs.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think we have a decent enough XI from our own squad. I would go for a home grown XI (currently with us) of:

(Gk) Harry Lee
(Rb) Josh Key
(Rcb) Jordan Dyer
(Lcb) Alex Hartridge
(Lb) Jack Sparkes
(Rcm) Archie Collins
(Cm) Will Dean
(Lcm) Matt Jay
(Rw) Joel Randall
(Att) Ben Seymour
(Lw) Nelson Iseguan

Subs: (Gk) Jack Arthur, (Cb) Cheick Diabate, (Rcm) Harry Kite, (Lw) Jack Vale, (Att) Lewis Wilson.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
I think we have a decent enough XI from our own squad. I would go for a home grown XI (currently with us) of:

(Gk) Harry Lee
(Rb) Josh Key
(Rcb) Jordan Dyer
(Lcb) Alex Hartridge
(Lb) Jack Sparkes
(Rcm) Archie Collins
(Cm) Will Dean
(Lcm) Matt Jay
(Rw) Joel Randall
(Att) Ben Seymour
(Lw) Nelson Iseguan

Subs: (Gk) Jack Arthur, (Cb) Cheick Diabate, (Rcm) Harry Kite, (Lw) Jack Vale, (Att) Lewis Wilson.
This is probably part of the reason why MT was not interested in talking with Lincoln when they were looking for a new manager. Shows the talent we have coming through.
It's just a shame that some of our players out on loan aren't getting as many games as MT would have liked due to COVID and all the games getting postponed etc.