• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ajose

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I know this has been discussed on here, but as he was our "Big News" signing last season and has hardly featured, would it be unreasonable for someone on the media team to ask Taylor what the real story is? Other than the lame response "others are in front of him". Sometimes difficult questions need to be asked, and as much as most of us like Taylor, he does get an easy ride from journalists/media people. Did Taylor ever see him play before signing him?
There's more chance of Trump agreeing that he lost the US election than us ever finding out what the score is with Ajose.

PeteUSA

Doesn't there come a point wth this whole Ajose issue where somebody arbitrates whether the contract he signed in order to PLAY for us becomes worthless? Surely we signed him in good faith that he would complete a reasonable percentage of games for us. It certainly hasn't worked out that way, which is particularly galling given the sizeable remuneration he's allegedly on. I dont think this is fair on the club that we should be carrying him forever, given the fact that apparently he's tried on numorous occasions to play, and failed. I'm taking it we signed him knowing that he was injured, but even if that was the case, surely ample time has passed whereby medical judgement could be factored in on deciding if Ajose is eventually going to recover enough for the rigours of League 2 football.

C j phill

It must unlikely that Taylor would honestly comment on the situation, while the player is still with us, but my expectation is that once Ajose leaves the Club, Taylor will give supporters a full explanation of what went wrong with this specific signing.

He was brought in as Taylor's marquee signing, to score the goals to provide automatic promotion last season. My perspective is that from the first league game of last season, Ajose and Bowman wouldn't gel and they never have. Considering the relative cost of the player and his "failure", I think Taylor owes the supporters a full and frank analysis and this will be a test of how honest he is.

Langer

Easy to say now I know but he never scored consistently for long periods for me had one decent season at Swindon factor in he’s been loaned out eight times.

Mr Jinx

It must unlikely that Taylor would honestly comment on the situation, while the player is still with us, but my expectation is that once Ajose leaves the Club, Taylor will give supporters a full explanation of what went wrong with this specific signing.

He was brought in as Taylor's marquee signing, to score the goals to provide automatic promotion last season. My perspective is that from the first league game of last season, Ajose and Bowman wouldn't gel and they never have. Considering the relative cost of the player and his "failure", I think Taylor owes the supporters a full and frank analysis and this will be a test of how honest he is.
Agree. Ajose was Taylor's gamble. It has failed spectacularly, which is fine, but we are now long beyond the point where we should've cut our losses.

Trapdoor

I would be satisfied even if Taylor just learns from this experience and doesnt fall into the same trap again.

tonykellowfan

People are over thinking this.

All signings are a gamble every single manager on the planet has signed a dud in their time.

The more important question is whether MT is generally making good signings and limiting the bad signings.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree. Ajose was Taylor's gamble. It has failed spectacularly, which is fine, but we are now long beyond the point where we should've cut our losses.
How do we cut our losses though ?? His contract will need paying whichever way you approach it.

Mr Jinx

How do we cut our losses though ?? His contract will need paying whichever way you approach it.
Aren't we in a January transfer window? There's usually a way. Loan perhaps?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Aren't we in a January transfer window? There's usually a way. Loan perhaps?
You need takers who are going to stump up cash for his wages.

I cannot see many given the current climate.