• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Update on the SJP works

budegrecian

^^^^
Indeed..Ground capacity cut from 17,000 to 7,000 overnight,similar cuts at most 3rd & 4th Division grounds.
One of the biggest changes was not being able to transfer from one part of the ground to another.
Once you were on the BB & it rained you got wet.Previously you could take shelter in the Cowshed.A real bug bear of mine at that time.
Yes, I used to wait in the BB until ends were decided, following the coin toss & then head to whichever end City were playing towards & then relocate to the other end at HT. This change put an end to all of that.

Dannyred

Of course they are 🙄🙄🙄
You were saying?

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
You were saying?
Have you seen these "Plans" for a new stadium then? I mean on paper with proper costings or are you just listening to people saying what they'd like?

Andy Holloway

I can't remember who it was, or on what thread, but somebody asked about a lorry with HIAB at the St James Rd end this week and what was going on.
Well you'll be pleased to know that it was to do with updates to the away end and Grandstand catering hut.
Firstly, the 'newish' white portacabin that was beside the away ticket office, has been moved into the small area by the new Grandstand toilets/catering hut. It now blocks the view from outside the ground by filling in the gap that was at the left - as you look from BB - of the away stand. The catering hut has been moved about a foot to make a bit more room for this, a set of steps have been built into the catering hut and another set to lead down to behind the left hand section of the away end. The whole of the rear of the left section of the away end has been cleared of weeds rubbish and rubble, leveled, re-hard cored with a new retaining wall built with steps leading down to the double gates at the away end. all in all a very good bit of tidying up and very impressive.
Scott, could you maybe take a few phots of this work and post on here and the Website, i'm sure there are lots of people who have possibly never seen behind the away end.

Oldsmobile-88

803E2B83-D71D-420B-AA1C-868EE2568158.jpeg5F43C00A-F72D-468A-8642-5477270AE7B0.jpeg

AB Ciren

Compared to what it was the ground its looking good well done to all those involved in achieving

Andy Holloway

Thanks Old for that, i've sent a few more i took this afternoon to Hants for him to upload, some are similar and some a bit different.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Thanks Old for that, i've sent a few more i took this afternoon to Hants for him to upload, some are similar and some a bit different.
Thanks. Here you go ...

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

DB9

Cracking photos Hants/Olds, I just can't believe how SJP looks nowadays, So different from the recent past. It was so frustrating seeing all these stadiums of other clubs being redeveloped/relocated over the years and ours was looking so rundown and poor but after a lot of hard work by those behind the scenes we have one we can be very proud of. Well done to everyone (That includes the C&F too) (y)