• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

How has Covid effected your relationship with Exeter City?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Between 1 and 2 for me and I don't think there will be much of a dip in crowds when things are truly back to normal i.e. when crowd numbers and travel are not restricted, people feel genuinely safe and the PPV live coverage is discontinued. Also crowds will always be affected by the success of the team/ entertainment value etc.

Although it is no substitute for the normal match-day experience, I have enjoyed the i-Follow coverage when it works properly and often message friends during a game.

I assume that when things are fully back to normal the i-Follow live coverage will cease, although stand to be corrected if that is wrong. If it did continue, I could see attendances at midweek matches on bad weather days being affected.
iFollow was available for all midweek matches before Covid.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well yeah, I went to watch St Blazey a couple of times, just because I could.
Glory hunting plastic.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
A few things happened last year which meant I was following City much like now, streaming via ifollow (through a vpn)... think i only ended up seeing 3/4 games before covid struck.

I've seen every game so far, and also watched the youth games... breaks up the monotony of the restrictions in weird year where you can't fully do what you want.

Once this has passed I'll likely be looking to move abroad so I guess this is how I follow City now. Definitely take in more of the game from the side angle than when I was in the RL. Will probably try to come back to SJP for the first proper crowd back, can't be done with the sitting 2 metres from everyone stuff.

Grecian Max

I assume that when things are fully back to normal the i-Follow live coverage will cease, although stand to be corrected if that is wrong. If it did continue, I could see attendances at midweek matches on bad weather days being affected.
It was available for non UK viewers already the previous 2 seasons, with the use of a VPN anyone in the UK could watch them too

STURTZ

Blimey, you really took Colchester nicking our flag seriously didn't you?

Grecian Max

Blimey, you really took Colchester nicking our flag seriously didn't you?
:ROFLMAO:nah just a long term relationship breakdown which meant i had to move further away(y)

dommers

Dommers luvin his Tis, like he always has...MT is doing ok and he's not the self serving, narcissist that preceded him. For that we all should be thankful.
Oh dear
:rolleyes:

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Really missing the live matchday experience. Saturday's are just not the same.

Have very little enthusiasm for watching games on TV with no crowds - at any level.

Still think the season will end up being a bit of a farce and not convinced it will finish as intended.

Doug3101

It's in between but more 2 than 1 for me.
I have one son that is football mad and one that really isn't into sport at all. I've had to balance my activities because of this so I really try and make the most of my trips to SJP and sometimes beyond.
I've mostly been trying to do other things while the grounds have been closed (and it befuddles me how people could sit 6 feet apart in a pub or cinema but not a stadium) I always have my match notifications on and sometimes tune in to Radio Devon. Rest assured as soon as spectators are allowed back, I will be back.

No 2 for me. Can't wait to get back on the Big Bank watching us stick four past Crawley! Will miss the Boxing Day fixture with me and my boy as it is something of a family tradition but no more Wembeys, please!