• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

How has Covid effected your relationship with Exeter City?

IBA

3 options

1) it has whetted my appetite for live football, and I follow Exeter City more obsessively and more passionately than prior to Cov19

2) not much difference

3) I'm starting to lose interest, not going to games or SJP has meant that my connection with the club has been severed and I have found other ways to occupy my time.

I'd be interested on your thoughts Exeweb...

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
No change for me. Cannot wait to get back to sjp. I think covid has though made me appreciate what the football club does and its impact on my life and the community

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
As keen and enthusiastic as ever (no change)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
No.2 not much difference.

However my feelings towards top flight football have degraded further and now I only look out for what's happening with Watkins.

STURTZ

😫
1) For me, didn't apreciate what I had, miss the process and tradition of the whole matchday experience, not just the football but the travelling the meeting up with chums, the drinking, the banter the post match analysis, the long trip home (happy or sad).

I watch City more now, I never used to bother with watching games I didn't attend but now I tend to watch all, home, away, youth, on telly of course, I suppose I'm a better husband, walk the dog more, do more "little jobs around the house", go shopping with the wife, gardening, washing up, cooking but God, IT'S SO BLOODY BORING!

Alistair20000

😫
1) For me, didn't apreciate what I had, miss the process and tradition of the whole matchday experience, not just the football but the travelling the meeting up with chums, the drinking, the banter the post match analysis, the long trip home (happy or sad).

I watch City more now, I never used to bother with watching games I didn't attend but now I tend to watch all, home, away, youth, on telly of course, I suppose I'm a better husband, walk the dog more, do more "little jobs around the house", go shopping with the wife, gardening, washing up, cooking but God, IT'S SO BLOODY BORING!
I hope Mrs STURTZ does not lurk on these boards. That last sentence :eek:

dommers

Probably 3 for me, although may be more to do with disappointment with the current manager's approach as COVID.

iscalad

1) never bothered with iFollow before this season. Have paid for all our away matches so far and followed the youth on YouTube.

Antony Moxey

2) I’ve been getting fairly ambivalent towards ECFC and football in general over the last couple of years such that when the season was curtailed prematurely it didn’t bother me a jot. Wasn’t that fussed about the restart either, however saying that it’ll be nice when we can all come back again but if football ceased to exist tomorrow I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it.

Oldsmobile-88

Between 1 & 2 Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
As Sturtz mentioned,it’s the social interaction I miss most.
The live football is/was just the icing on the cake for me.