• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rashford's only trying to ease his conscience. Obviously feeling a bit guilty he's only 22 and earning a million pounds a month for kicking a bag of wind around a field, whilst there are nurses on the frontline earning in a year what he does in little over a day!

#notbuyingit
Obviously i can't prove anything but i'm pretty sure you're wrong. Just a hunch, like.

Anyways, even if this was nothing more than a conscience clearing exercise, i'd ask you, so what?

Last edited:

tavyred

The weakest argument against not paying for kids meals during the school holiday is cost, in comparison to all the other stuff the government has been willing to spunk up for this year, the cost of this is minimal.
The only issue I have is if you’re in need of welfare payments and like all parents you’re also in receipt of child allowance, how the hell can you not keep your own kids fed. That is surely the first thing you get sorted and then you worry about everything else afterwards.

angelic upstart

I dunno, but I thought we had an obesity crisis?

#notbuyingit
#canthaveitbothways
Forgetting that it’s not just the poor that are obese. Those at the bottom of society are often unable to cook a proper meal (I suspect there’s many far wealthier men out there in the same boat) so buy cheap shit in order to get by. Yes, they should be more educated (shouldn’t we all?) but they’re not. Why make children suffer? As a nation it’s vital we find a viable route to employment and break the cycle of unending benefits to a portion of society, lowering the benefit with merely increase crime. Maybe it’s time to try something new?

angelic upstart

The weakest argument against not paying for kids meals during the school holiday is cost, in comparison to all the other stuff the government has been willing to spunk up for this year, the cost of this is minimal.
The only issue I have is if you’re in need of welfare payments and like all parents you’re also in receipt of child allowance, how the hell can you not keep your own kids fed. That is surely the first thing you get sorted and then you worry about everything else afterwards.
Today’s universal credit rolls all the benefits into one. Rent will almost never be paid in full and will take a chunk of the benefit in addition to the rent portion. The whole heat or eat thing is, strangely , more prevalent than many think.

Rosencrantz

Rashford's only trying to ease his conscience. Obviously feeling a bit guilty he's only 22 and earning a million pounds a month for kicking a bag of wind around a field, whilst there are nurses on the frontline earning in a year what he does in little over a day!

#notbuyingit
Like being so cynical to clear any trace of conscience maybe? God forbid anyone gives up their own time and money, regardless of how much of each they have, to help something they care about and make an actual difference for kids who can't fend for themselves. I mean, how self centred are they 🙄.

manc grecian

The introduction of Universal credit has also caused a reduction in the number of pupil premium children.

angelic upstart

The introduction of Universal credit has also caused a reduction in the number of pupil premium children.
I thought the schools still got it for up to six years after they came off free school meals?

DB9

What's "Pupil Premium Children"?

manc grecian

I thought the schools still got it for up to six years after they came off free school meals?
Pre universal credit children do but there has been an increase in families who are no longer eligible should they apply from today.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
What's "Pupil Premium Children"?
Extra money given to schools to help children from theoretically deprived backgrounds. £935 per eligible student in a secondary school, more in a primary

Reactions: DB9