• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What date will we be back watching live football at SJP Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
However, contact within households is thought to be responsible for roughly 70% of SARS-CoV-2 transmission when widespread community control measures are in place.3

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
However, contact within households is thought to be responsible for roughly 70% of SARS-CoV-2 transmission when widespread community control measures are in place.3

While I'm not disagreeing with you, your source is a reference in a single academic paper, which hasn't been peer reviewed. Furthermore, the suggestion that 'contact within households is thought to be responsible for roughly 70% of SARS-CoV-2 transmission when widespread community control measures are in place' comes from a paper by Shen M, Peng Z, Guo Y et al and, while I can't find a link, it seems not inconceivable this study wasn't undertaken in the UK.

Notwithstanding all of this, what, exactly, constitutes 'widespread community control measures'? If, for instance, this refers to people being discouraged from leaving their homes unless absolutely necessary then it's hardly surprising that 70 of transmission occurs in homes.

tonykellowfan

I think an awful lot depends on what is meant by "when widespread community control measures are in place "

Of course if everyone is locked in their homes then most contact will be in home but that is no longer the case now that schools and universities are back.

I would argue that currently most infections are happening outside the home.

Boyo

The majority of infections happen when people spend a prolonged time period within 1m of someone who is infectious. For most people that is most likely to happen within a family / friends home, but is also common in workplaces like factories, where social distancing is challenging.

School age kids are the group least likely to pass it on via community transmission in any setting. There's some evidence to suggest that the number of coughs/colds that kids typically have means their immune system is better prepared to fight the virus.

Universities have a major problem, but the cause is the same - people spending prolonged time periods within 1m of each other.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
An open letter from our football administrators

denzel

An open letter from our football administrators

Seems fair enough. I like how they are emphasising the positive that indoor arena events are getting the go ahead - Squeeze are playing the O2 in December with 4600 fans - though it might be even better if they got together with the RFU and other major sporting bodies.

Grecian2K

Surely Squeeze playing a gig should "Social Distancing" still be in place would be the ultimate in mixed messaging?

Oldsmobile-88

Surely Squeeze playing a gig should "Social Distancing" still be in place would be the ultimate in mixed messaging?
It’s alright...As long as they are not close enough for Slap & Tickle 😎

denzel

I'm not tempted. I'd rather have black coffee in bed.

Spoonz Red E

"We'd like to dedicate this next song to COVID-19"

"It's called 'Take Me, I'm Yours'"

Status
Not open for further replies.