• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season Ticket Holders.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I remember the club putting out the season ticket stuff and thinking fair to anyone that gets one because it's likely to essentially be a donation.

That said.

£230 worth of ifollow - you get to view every game you paid for (assuming the whole season is gone... which it wont, you'll probably get the tail end of the seson)
£40 shirt

OK it's not exactly the same and maybe not worth quite as much, but come on be real here...

Grecian Max

Plus more freebies to come most likely...

If you want the money back, why did you not wait until the start of the season to buy one? Bizarre.

Matt Russell

Max, you say that you imagine the club are covered in some way with refunds? My only issue is that they seem to find it impossible to mention the six letter r word.

Grecian Max

Max, you say that you imagine the club are covered in some way with refunds? My only issue is that they seem to find it impossible to mention the six letter r word.
Sorry I meant insurance wise... as in the T&Cs may not allow automatic refunds for people (Act of god etc)... no idea, haven't read them!

denzel

Did it?! We were still in relative lockdown conditions at that point. The lockdown was there to temporarily suppress and provide respite for the NHS, everyone acting like it had solved it is part of the issue here. Second wave was inevitable based on previous pandemics. It's an extreme time... I imagine the club are covered in some way with refunds etc...?

Next season it'll likely be fans back again... again just read the news? Confused by your final sentence.
In May numbers were reducing, announcements about vaccines in the Summer were quite regular. I'd say we are further away now from a restart than we felt we were then.
My last sentence means that if we do go the whole season without games after donating the remainder of last seasons ST to the club too quite honestly my goodwill will have run out.

denzel

Plus more freebies to come most likely...

If you want the money back, why did you not wait until the start of the season to buy one? Bizarre.
Because of the early bird promotion.

Grecian Max

In May numbers were reducing, announcements about vaccines in the Summer were quite regular. I'd say we are further away now from a restart than we felt we were then.
My last sentence means that if we do go the whole season without games after donating the remainder of last seasons ST to the club too quite honestly my goodwill will have run out.
Fair enough...

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
If the club were already making plans for a limited number of games at SJP then what was the point in asking if people wanted to renew for the full season ?
There was always going to be a limited number of games so why not wait a while and then maybe see if people wanted half season tickets.

Offering a shirt is a step forward for the club but if that is going to be used as a partial refund for a full S/T I cant see many people wanting to take up the offer , Some people could probably do with a full refund and wait to see if we're allowed back at some point in the future.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
It doesn't involve me but I think the club should at least make an announcement to explain how they're thinking. It should be a public announcement, not just to ST holders : don't forget people who might be considering buying a ST need to be kept in the loop, too.
If somebody has yet to buy a season ticket for this season, I very much doubt they are now considering it.

Grecian Max

At the time the club said:

Whilst we understand the difficulty with not knowing about the full status of the 20/21 season, purchasing a season ticket gives you an opportunity to support the club during these tough times, and play a huge part in enabling your club to remain financially stable and well prepared for the new campaign.

So far over 400 of you have pledged your support for the 20/21 season and we send you a huge thank you for this. We understand that you may not be able to commit to this outlay at this time, so there is no pressure to purchase.

By purchasing a season ticket in the super saver period, you will not only make the best savings on admission for the campaign but enable the club to operate fully whilst we have a period of no matches and minimal income.

It was right for them to offer refunds on last season as it was curtailed and tickets were bought without the knowledge of a pandemic. This time round I find it difficult to understand people shouting for refunds when really... it was their choice, as an adult, to outlay £300+ on something that wasn't fixed or set in stone.