• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season Ticket Holders.

ChardGrecian

Like `Pete Martin purchased my season ticket to support the club in these horrible times not expecting to see many games at St James. It is not the clubs fault we cannot go and the letter suggests they were all ready for limited numbers for the Cambridge game until the government stopped that. I don’t want a shirt but think it was good offer - would rather see people in City shirts than chiefs everywhere. Tried iFollow and had no problems using normal fast home broadband. No way is it anywhere near as good as being at the ground but way better than just listening on the radio and seeing what some-one else thinks are the highlights. I appreciate many people are not as fortunate as me and are having great financial difficulties now so if they need a refund then I think they should get one but it would be totally unreasonable to expect a free iFollow pass as well.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
A rollover to 21/22 would be preferable to me if we’re not going to see any football this season...ifollow passes and a new shirt are not acceptable compensation.

ChardGrecian

Red Devon - if you would like a roll over does that mean you don’t want a free iFollow pass.

Grecian Max

Surely anyone who bought a season ticket, knew there was a high likelihood they wouldn't get to see many games? Total gamble to anyone sensible reading even just a few articles of news...

I also suspect the club knows more than it's letting on and you'll be back at the park in weird spacing positions sooner than you might currently hope.

Grecian Max

The games on iFollow are still £10 a game... to get free access to that... they are still providing you with the match for the cost of the ticket in the best way they currently can. From a non-biased perspective it seems fair and reasonable to me... you're missing out on matchday experience yes but that is currently impossible to provide?

C j phill

I "donated" my unused season ticket from last season to the Club and bought this season's with a part expectation that I wouldn't see a number of home games during its course. I recognised the financial problems that the pandemic presented, notwithstanding the potential income from Watkins or other transfers and considered I was helping out, as best I could.

However, I would find it extremely helpful to hear form the Club (or Trust Board) who measures have been taken, either to reduce costs or increase other income (if possible) for the current season. As a minimum, I would hope that Director's remuneration has been significantly cut (not just deferred).

Grecian Max

Mansfield .v. City - iFollow...buffers...refresh...5mins...buffers...refresh...5mins...buffers...refresh...5mins...buffers...refresh...5mins...buffers...refresh...5mins...buffers...refresh...5mins...buffers...refresh...5mins...buffers...refresh...5mins... I gave up and listened to it on the radio.

Good result, but come on City sort something tangible out for us season ticket holders.
Get better internet then... was absolutely fine on mine and I'm not even on fibre here

Grecian Max

Get better internet then... was absolutely fine on mine and I'm not even on fibre here
That said, what browser were you using? Apparently there's an issue with Firefox

denzel

Surely anyone who bought a season ticket, knew there was a high likelihood they wouldn't get to see many games? Total gamble to anyone sensible reading even just a few articles of news...

I also suspect the club knows more than it's letting on and you'll be back at the park in weird spacing positions sooner than you might currently hope.
Back in May it looked like it was heading in the right direction. I personally was optimistic about some fans being allowed in in October. Had I known it wasnt likely all season I wouldn't have bothered. I wont make the same mistake next season.

Grecian Max

Back in May it looked like it was heading in the right direction. I personally was optimistic about some fans being allowed in in October. Had I known it wasnt likely all season I wouldn't have bothered. I wont make the same mistake next season.
Did it?! We were still in relative lockdown conditions at that point. The lockdown was there to temporarily suppress and provide respite for the NHS, everyone acting like it had solved it is part of the issue here. Second wave was inevitable based on previous pandemics. It's an extreme time... I imagine the club are covered in some way with refunds etc...?

Next season it'll likely be fans back again... again just read the news? Confused by your final sentence.