• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season Ticket Holders.

Coppers

I'm glad I'm not the only one mulling this over and like others have mentioned when you are buying multiple season tickets for the family and offer of watching a 10 quid ifollow stream when hundreds has been stumped up doesn't seem a fair replacement. I've watched the first match but wasn't that impressed with it, just got a black screen on laptop so had to watch on small mobile screen I wouldn't have wanted to pay 10 quid for that experience. We have now been offered a shirt as compensation, I'm reluctant to accept this again as a replacement for missed matches. I think the only thing they can do is offer refunds or roll it forward to next season. You could also argue that seated tickets are worth more than bank tickets therefore treating everyone to the same compensation is also unfair. The most fair option would be to roll the tickets forward to next season or offer refunds. The club is in a fortunate position to be able to do this with the Watkins money on the way though its a shame that alot of that money will be lost in this way rather than investing to strengthen the squad. I'm reluctant to accept the city shirt until I know a bit more about what will be happening about the money I have paid for 2 season tickets. Sorry to waffle on.

Grecianpasty

I'm glad I'm not the only one mulling this over and like others have mentioned when you are buying multiple season tickets for the family and offer of watching a 10 quid ifollow stream when hundreds has been stumped up doesn't seem a fair replacement. I've watched the first match but wasn't that impressed with it, just got a black screen on laptop so had to watch on small mobile screen I wouldn't have wanted to pay 10 quid for that experience. We have now been offered a shirt as compensation, I'm reluctant to accept this again as a replacement for missed matches. I think the only thing they can do is offer refunds or roll it forward to next season. You could also argue that seated tickets are worth more than bank tickets therefore treating everyone to the same compensation is also unfair. The most fair option would be to roll the tickets forward to next season or offer refunds. The club is in a fortunate position to be able to do this with the Watkins money on the way though its a shame that alot of that money will be lost in this way rather than investing to strengthen the squad. I'm reluctant to accept the city shirt until I know a bit more about what will be happening about the money I have paid for 2 season tickets. Sorry to waffle on.
You don't need to apologise for your post. It's understandable to be sceptical about the offer itself, I know I am having just read the email.

My question is if we accept the shirt would that contribute to whether or not there will be any refunds in the future?

Personally speaking i would rather move my season ticket onto next year if given the offer. That said, I wouldn't accept the replica shirt offer if that would have an impact on this.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was a season ticket holder last season. When COVID struck I offered my refund back to the club. I haven't been offered anything. Am I upset? Not really. It was my choice.

I couldn't justify splashing out on a season ticket for this year...It was obvious to me that we'd miss out on a lot of games.

Now, I assume many bought a season ticket this year to support the club through a difficult period. I wonder if Ollie hadn't been sold would people be as unhappy?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was a season ticket holder last season. When COVID struck I offered my refund back to the club. I haven't been offered anything. Am I upset? Not really. It was my choice.

I couldn't justify splashing out on a season ticket for this year...It was obvious to me that we'd miss out on a lot of games.

Now, I assume many bought a season ticket this year to support the club through a difficult period. I wonder if Ollie hadn't been sold would people be as unhappy?
This sums up my position quite well. I am one of the lucky ones in many respects.

ECFC89

Miss out on an entire year of season ticket holders and roll it over to next year. The fair thing to do ? Most certainly. Destroy the club finances? Most certainly.
but but Watkins money..... get real. Horrible situation for us fans and club where no one really wins. In all honesty I didn’t buy one as I saw this current situation as inevitable. For those who arent an internal pessimist like myself and bought one out of sheer hope or love for the club, fair bloody play. But what, realistically, are the club meant to do ?
Look at other clubs for their response ? Think you’ll find similar clubs to us find themselves offering worse than us.
UTC

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
The only thing I will be happy with is a full refund for the matches missed. Shirts, e-programmes and digital streams are not suitable compensation, nor should they be offered against a reduced compensation figure. As has been said, watching a game on an iPad and a shirt for a non shirt wearer aren’t what we signed up for. But also as I’ve already said, until we know exactly how many games we’ll have to miss this season the club isn’t yet in a position to work out what compensation figure it needs to come up with.

StudentGrecian

Having not got a season ticket this year I don't know the wording of the email. But surely it is just a gesture of good will from the club to those who stumped up the cash to help out?
Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't imagine them thinking it would be offered up as compensation.

They do need to make a decision soon though, as gifting shirts + Ifollow passes to people who don't want them is only going to hurt the club financially when they inevitably have to offer up refunds.

IndoMike

It doesn't involve me but I think the club should at least make an announcement to explain how they're thinking. It should be a public announcement, not just to ST holders : don't forget people who might be considering buying a ST need to be kept in the loop, too.

denzel

The email clearly states that this is the first thing that they are doing and will continue to look at other options.
I imagine they are awaiting decisions from the EFL on any compensation from the Premier League before making further announcements.

Pete Martin (CTID)

I might be in the minority, but I bought my ST in my normal seat, pretty certain that there would be no chance of being at SJP, on matchdays, at least, for some time.

I don't want a replica shirt. Resigned to watching on iFollow when there's no other option, home and away. Dont expect, or want, a refund. Let's hope the 21/22 season is better.