• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What tipple are you drinking tonight thread

Legohead

Banned
The Doom Bar Zero was tolerable. I can't say it was massively enjoyable but i'll persevere with it. It lacked depth and heaviness and was more carbonated than i'd expect from an ale.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Doom Bar Zero was tolerable. I can't say it was massively enjoyable but i'll persevere with it. It lacked depth and heaviness and was more carbonated than i'd expect from an ale.
Too much fizz and overpricing is why I give craft ales a miss.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Slasher. Dorset Blond Beer by the Piddle brewery.

Served ice cold this beer (5.1%) is a beauty.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just finished this.. I’m proper amazed how good Japanese whiskey is!!
Absolutely. Japanese single malt has been fantastic for at least 20 years now but is still criminally underappreciated over here. They follow very traditional Scottish methods, but also have that stereotypical Japanese focus on craftsmanship and art. Some of the best whiskey outside of islay in my opinion.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Taylor's Chip Dry Port with Fever Tree light tonic water and ice. Not convinced :unsure:

Alistair20000

Taylor's Chip Dry Port with Fever Tree light tonic water and ice. Not convinced :unsure:
Port with anything added is just wrong.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Port with anything added is just wrong.
I wouldn't add anything to a ruby port, but there seems to be a discussion about adding tonic water to the white stuff. Maybe I should travel to Porto next year and see what they think.

Alistair20000

I wouldn't add anything to a ruby port, but there seems to be a discussion about adding tonic water to the white stuff. Maybe I should travel to Porto next year and see what they think.
Agreed. When in Rome and all that.

I have some very nice 1983 Dow Port in my wine store. Needs decanting and sieving mind.

LOG

I like port, me 🍷

iscalad

Prepare to be lynched