• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
OK Indo.
Whatever you say. 🙄

Did you ask him why he thinks I'm far left? No, you didn't. Please maintain a fair and balanced approach, Ali.

arthur

I see there's a new opinion poll published today, detailing the state of the parties and the public's view on the likelihood of Russia having interfered in our democratic processes.

No doubt our friend from Tavistock will be providing us with the details shortly, as his his wont

IndoMike

No need to be overly cryptic elgy and making the wild assumption you mean me, I’ve been confronted with my conversion to Brexiteer at least once before on here, wasn’t it you who did the original confronting?
Seeing as lots of people witnessed the referendum campaign and changed their standpoint on the UK’s membership of the EU, I don’t think it’s the gotcha moment you think it is.
Again, I and others have been asked on more than one occasion on the advantages of Brexit as we see it. From my memory I’ve answered and not surprisingly you and others have not agreed.
I really think you need to move on. Brexit has happened. 👍
I'm pretty sure you didn't provide us with any of the advantages. I remember pressing you and the Cat on many occasions about this. Ali did to some degree, but it wasn't enough to dissuade me and others from our pro-EU stance.

The problem was that the arguments for Brexit were based on immigration (Turks queuing for miles to invade the UK 🙄 : anyone knows that Turks seek work in Germany (where in general they have always been welcomed) as Gastarbeiter), some vague idea of returning to the Victorian era, and taking back control (that hasn't worked out well).
Regardless, we don't need to litigate Brexit again: we'll just have to witness the series of shambolic events that will unfold over the coming years.

elginCity

No need to be overly cryptic elgy and making the wild assumption you mean me, I’ve been confronted with my conversion to Brexiteer at least once before on here, wasn’t it you who did the original confronting?
Seeing as lots of people witnessed the referendum campaign and changed their standpoint on the UK’s membership of the EU, I don’t think it’s the gotcha moment you think it is.
Again, I and others have been asked on more than one occasion on the advantages of Brexit as we see it. From my memory I’ve answered and not surprisingly you and others have not agreed.
I really think you need to move on. Brexit has happened. 👍
It was not only you who switched standpoint, Tavares, but where others were reluctant remain, you appeared fully on board at the time.

Never confronted you before about it - had remembered your Labour voting past, but not your pro-EU views - particularly "In an uncertain and dangerous world, the sooner we go balls deep into the European experiment the better." - which arguably is as important today, as it's ever been. What changed your mind ?

tavyred

It was not only you who switched standpoint, Tavares, but where others were reluctant remain, you appeared fully on board at the time.

Never confronted you before about it - had remembered your Labour voting past, but not your pro-EU views - particularly "In an uncertain and dangerous world, the sooner we go balls deep into the European experiment the better." - which arguably is as important today, as it's ever been. What changed your mind ?
Not having the advantage of trailing back to see what I wrote at the time, it was probably based on the EU’s reaction to Cameron and his ultimately futile quest for concessions to bring back to the U.K.
Did you not look any further into my posting history to find out yourself?

tavyred

I'm pretty sure you didn't provide us with any of the advantages. I remember pressing you and the Cat on many occasions about this. Ali did to some degree, but it wasn't enough to dissuade me and others from our pro-EU stance.

The problem was that the arguments for Brexit were based on immigration (Turks queuing for miles to invade the UK 🙄 : anyone knows that Turks seek work in Germany (where in general they have always been welcomed) as Gastarbeiter), some vague idea of returning to the Victorian era, and taking back control (that hasn't worked out well).
Regardless, we don't need to litigate Brexit again: we'll just have to witness the series of shambolic events that will unfold over the coming years.
I say again, I provided the advantages of Brexit, you and others just didn’t agree with them.
Yeah, we’ll know soon enough about the ramifications of Brexit.

IndoMike

I say again, I provided the advantages of Brexit, you and others just didn’t agree with them.
Yeah, we’ll know soon enough about the ramifications of Brexit.
We'll have to agree to disagree about your first paragraph until either of us can be bothered to review all the posts made on the BREXIT thread

tavyred

I see there's a new opinion poll published today, detailing the state of the parties and the public's view on the likelihood of Russia having interfered in our democratic processes.

No doubt our friend from Tavistock will be providing us with the details shortly, as his his wont
There’s been two over the last 24 hrs art, which one are you referring to? 😀

tavyred

We'll have to agree to disagree about your first paragraph until either of us can be bothered to review all the posts made on the BREXIT thread
There is a pattern developing here Indo, where you make claim about something I have or haven’t written and then can’t be arsed to back it up. 🤷🏼‍♂️

IndoMike

I didn't realize Tavers had said that. Quite a turn around. Of course, a person can change their mind, but he did seem to think it was crucial if we refer to his own words.
I can understand why Johnson would change his mind so abruptly due to his burning ambition to become P. M, but Tavers? Maybe after the oncoming BREXIT shambles he'll do another U-turn.