• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fans back in October

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Watching the Polish Speedway who have a 25% stadium capacity restriction although no sign of social distancing or masks being worn by the crowd. The personnel in the pit area are all masked up.

Alistair20000

I'm looking forward to going to a match!

With reduced attendance, the turnstile and toilet access shouldn't be a problem but will need stewarding.

While face masks would be a good idea, it will be unenforceable, why create such tensions between stewards and fans? Chanting and singing shouldn't happen, but again how would you keep the fans quiet.

Personally I'm more interested in hearing the views of those likely to go rather than those who rarely went in normal times.
As and when fans can attend I am expecting face masks to be required.

While a thermometer test may not pick up all Covid carriers it is a worthwhile precaution in my opinion. Had to pass one to attend a meeting a few weeks back and it only took a few seconds. Not sure what you do about ticket money if someone rocks up with a temperature and is refused access. I think a refund would be necessary.

Ash

As and when fans can attend I am expecting face masks to be required.

While a thermometer test may not pick up all Covid carriers it is a worthwhile precaution in my opinion. Had to pass one to attend a meeting a few weeks back and it only took a few seconds. Not sure what you do about ticket money if someone rocks up with a temperature and is refused access. I think a refund would be necessary.
Couldn't agree more on the masks. It's a pretty basic, cheap and easy fix to reduce risk by a not insignificant amount. Don't want to wear a mask? Fine, wait until they're not required. Easy.
The temperature checks seem a reasonable response too, so long as they can be administered as quickly as you say.
As a 50/50 seller, I'll be back as soon as possible, providing masks are mandatory. But expect to see me fully gloved, masked and visored up to the max!
If masks for all attendees aren't mandatory, expect to see me in full NBC hazmat suit and S10 gas mask!

Alistair20000

Couldn't agree more on the masks. It's a pretty basic, cheap and easy fix to reduce risk by a not insignificant amount. Don't want to wear a mask? Fine, wait until they're not required. Easy.
The temperature checks seem a reasonable response too, so long as they can be administered as quickly as you say.
As a 50/50 seller, I'll be back as soon as possible, providing masks are mandatory. But expect to see me fully gloved, masked and visored up to the max!
If masks for all attendees aren't mandatory, expect to see me in full NBC hazmat suit and S10 gas mask!
The thermometer test that I took required no contact and should be easy to administer with minimal training/practice.

Rosencrantz

The thermometer test that I took required no contact and should be easy to administer with minimal training/practice.
The temp test I had at the dentist just felt like being checked by a speed gun toting dental assistant.

denzel

Lots of bodies have warned against the use of gloves. It doesnt stop you transmitting the virus, in fact if you touch something infected it just stays on the glove for longer.

Boyo

I can't see 50/50 tickets being sold. Handling cash is too risky.

Oldsmobile-88

I suppose one ground where there should not be a issue with social distancing is Vale Park,certainly not for any away supporters(if allowed)
The away end has 3,000 seats iirc.

Just going back to food kiosks.The one under the Stagecoach Stand should be ok plus the one on the Jungle path.I expect there could be some sort of mobile trolleys selling the usual fare in the other areas.
A big loss on match day income potentially

DB9

I suppose one ground where there should not be a issue with social distancing is Vale Park,certainly not for any away supporters(if allowed)
The away end has 3,000 seats iirc.

Just going back to food kiosks.The one under the Stagecoach Stand should be ok plus the one on the Jungle path.I expect there could be some sort of mobile trolleys selling the usual fare in the other areas.
A big loss on match day income potentially
Dave Knight could be a trolley dolly Olds? 😀

Alistair20000

The temp test I had at the dentist just felt like being checked by a speed gun toting dental assistant.
You should have sat in the chair rather than running around the surgery.