• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

F1 2020

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
That was a great qualifying session. So much better to get the driver's out there and a great battle between Lewis and Max for pole even though it looks like a massacre with Lewis 1.2 seconds clear. Great performances from McLaren and Renault and Pierre Gasly.

Special shout out to George Russell putting the Williams on 12th, less than a tenth off the Ferrari's. Hopefully George can get the Mercedes drive in the near future. He is a great prospect who could challenge Max and Charles for the next 10 years.
Yes very entertaining session, Russell even went to the top of pile at one point...great to see McLaren finally getting closer to Mercedes and RedBull..hard to look beyond Hamilton tomorrow particularly if it’s dry.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I work Sundays, so I get about 15-30 minutes of action in my lunch break and that's it!

Rosencrantz

I work Sundays, so I get about 15-30 minutes of action in my lunch break and that's it!
More than Ferrari today then.

Rosencrantz

Back to normal with Hamilton dominating qualifying and the race after a bad weekend last week. Behind him things all got interesting late on with Bottas catching Max, Perez catching and coming together with Albon. Stroll and Danny Ric fighting it out. And then Lando coming from a seemingly quiet race to take Ricciardo, Stroll and the damaged Perez in the last two laps. Less said about Ferrari the better.

On to Hungary next week, not normally a track for great racing but who knows?

IndoMike

Back to normal with Hamilton dominating qualifying and the race after a bad weekend last week. Behind him things all got interesting late on with Bottas catching Max, Perez catching and coming together with Albon. Stroll and Danny Ric fighting it out. And then Lando coming from a seemingly quiet race to take Ricciardo, Stroll and the damaged Perez in the last two laps. Less said about Ferrari the better.

On to Hungary next week, not normally a track for great racing but who knows?
I usually watch the Grand Prix.
Ferrari farked up big time : ridiculous move by LeClerk to take on Vettel at the very first corner : Ferrari must be fuming.
The race was over from.the start but there were some good scraps during the race. I didn't get bored at all.
Love the confidence of Russell 👍
PS. Hamilton says he loves the back to back racing and wishes they could do it every season.

Rosencrantz

I usually watch the Grand Prix.
Ferrari farked up big time : ridiculous move by LeClerk to take on Vettel at the very first corner : Ferrari must be fuming.
The race was over from.the start but there were some good scraps during the race. I didn't get bored at all.
Love the confidence of Russell 👍
PS. Hamilton says he loves the back to back racing and wishes they could do it every season.
Lewis might not be everyone's cup of tea but he is undoubtedly one of the all time greats (there quite a few) and the best of his generation. Only Alonso for me can compete but unfortunately he has made some bad career moves. The onboard of Lewis's qualifying lap in the rain is well worth watching and listening to. A masterclass in throttle control and searching for grip in poor conditions and 1.2 seconds clear on one of the shortest laps on the GP calendar.

The next generation of Verstappen, Leclerc, Sainz, Russell and Norris is going to be tasty.

Red Devon

2019 Hungarian Grand Prix was one of the best races of the year with Hamilton hunting down and finally passing Verstapen for pretty much the entire race...despite being a relatively slow tight circuit you often see the faster cars cutting there way through the field after a bad Saturday qualifying so definitely looking forward to this weekend.

Rosencrantz

Mercs on a different planet around the Hungaroring this weekend. Well clear of the two Tracing Points who qualify third and fourth. Ferrari with a better qualifying on a circuit where engine power isn't so much of an issue. Red Bull will be scratching their heads on a track they normally go well on.

Great qualifying for Williams with both cars getting in to Q2 and Russell P12. Hopefully his race goes better than last week.

Unless Mercedes have problems it's a two horse race at the front. They will be able to save their engines and control the gap. Otherwise they could end up lapping the field.

Should be a good battle behind them though. Surely the best chance for Racing Point to score a podium on pure pace.

Red Devon

Unusually overcast conditions for Hungary...can’t say I’m a fan of the Racing Points with the way they have gone about designing this years car....turn four is a pretty good corner with a great camera angle seeing the cars go through that one, the Hungaroring normally serves up an eventful race despite its relatively slow pace...unlik to see Norris on the podium again but you never know.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Driving in to the barriers when not racing, must be embarrassing for Verstappen :)

Last edited: