• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
We can probably forget about any Olie Watkins windfall money for a while West Brom have lost 2:1 to Huddersfield

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Brentford now only need a win and a draw to be promoted on GD.

GJW

I’m not going to go back and read all the posts in this thread but recent posts seem to indicate that if Brentford go up then Watkins will stay and we won’t get any dosh from a potential transfer to a big club. Why? Why can’t a big club come in and offer a price that Brentford would be silly to refuse? Let’s say he bangs another couple of goals in for the last 2 games and they get promoted. If someone offers 20-25 million for him what is stopping Brentford cashing in. They can get other quality strikers. Just putting it out there.

IndoMike

I’m not going to go back and read all the posts in this thread but recent posts seem to indicate that if Brentford go up then Watkins will stay and we won’t get any dosh from a potential transfer to a big club. Why? Why can’t a big club come in and offer a price that Brentford would be silly to refuse? Let’s say he bangs another couple of goals in for the last 2 games and they get promoted. If someone offers 20-25 million for him what is stopping Brentford cashing in. They can get other quality strikers. Just putting it out there.
Yes, but why sell a player who knows your club well to bring in a quality striker for roughly the same money as you would get for Ollie?
The key is if he has a release clause (we don't know). Also, if they sell Banrama I don't think they could let Watkins go as well
With the extra dosh coming in from EPL they will.probably try to keep both
But first they have to beat Stoke away and Barnsley at home.
(Just speculating)

CWH-NYC_

But when he does go I suggest the dosh is going to be even bigger!

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, but why sell a player who knows your club well to bring in a quality striker for roughly the same money as you would get for Ollie?
The key is if he has a release clause (we don't know). Also, if they sell Banrama I don't think they could let Watkins go as well
With the extra dosh coming in from EPL they will.probably try to keep both
But first they have to beat Stoke away and Barnsley at home.
(Just speculating)
Stoke need a point to be safe and Barnsley might still be in with a chance of saving themselves from relegation so neither game is likely to be a walk in the park.

Likely result for me draw at Stoke then as long as they can match West Brom’s result in the latter’s last game they will be promoted on GD.

Alistair20000

Brentford now only need a win and a draw to be promoted on GD.
In their hands now

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Every chance if he can perform like he has this season and stay clear of injury. Also if he can keep up this form Gareth Southgate must surely start to take notice of him.

IndoMike

Yes. That would be good, of course

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes. That would be good, of course
Or he could flop in the Premier League for Brentford and be worth half of what he is now