• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Flying ants. Walked in to a load of them this afternoon. I still feel like they're in the little hair that I have.

Last edited:

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
Electronic push-button handbrake. Funny how you miss the physical feedback of yanking up a handle, not sure I'll get used to this...

Oldsmobile-88

Electronic push-button handbrake. Funny how you miss the physical feedback of yanking up a handle, not sure I'll get used to this...
Frigging hate them...On a Audi I had,it Jammed on & there is no manual override as there are on many makes with the feature.
Sods law dictated that it was just out of warranty.The new electric actuators cost £700 fitted.

DB9

Flying ants. Walked in to a load of them this afternoon. I still feel like they're the little hair that I have.
According to reports I've read Hants, North Hampshire have been suffering from swarms of them this year!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
According to reports I've read Hants, North Hampshire have been suffering from swarms of them this year!
Apparently, some of the swarms even managed to appear on the rainfall radar!

DB9

Apparently, some of the swarms even managed to appear on the rainfall radar!
Oh Gawd, If they're on radar there must be billions on the little sods!

Legohead

Banned
Frigging hate them...On a Audi I had,it Jammed on & there is no manual override as there are on many makes with the feature.
Sods law dictated that it was just out of warranty.The new electric actuators cost £700 fitted.
Thats the problem with modern cars. Literally everything is electrical. Meaning when things go wrong it costs an arm and a leg to fix.

Modern day mechanics are also electricians it has got that ridiculous.

Oldsmobile-88

Thats the problem with modern cars. Literally everything is electrical. Meaning when things go wrong it costs an arm and a leg to fix.

Modern day mechanics are also electricians it has got that ridiculous.
Indeed...I could work on my cars at one time & could always get a non starting motor going.I only put the washer fluid in these days !

A few years back I had a non start issue on a old American car I had(a Oldsmobile funnily enough 😁) I soon had it running again,despite not working on a engine for 25 years.

DB9

Indeed...I could work on my cars at one time & could always get a non starting motor going.I only put the washer fluid in these days !

A few years back I had a non start issue on a old American car I had(a Oldsmobile funnily enough 😁) I soon had it running again,despite not working on a engine for 25 years.
I remember back in the day on a Sunday where my father would always be tinkering on the car, Bonnet up and all the neighbours blokes would do exactly the same and at time most would be around one car discussing whats wrong with it. Can't do that nowadays. (Should probably be on the "Things you don't see anymore" thread)

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
A family friend in the motor trade once said that he wasn't too keen on modern technology in cars ("More to go wrong") - and this was in the 80s!

One problem I've had is with electric windows - annoying expense, as it's non-essential. I haven't reached the point yet when I lack the strength to wind a window down.