• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wigan Athletic go into administration

i8cornwall

10 interested parties:

Having interested parties is one thing but then having the funds or willing to spend that money on the club is two very different things.

no love lost towards the pie eaters so I’d happily see them fall through the leagues back to where they belong.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Having interested parties is one thing but then having the funds or willing to spend that money on the club is two very different things.

no love lost towards the pie eaters so I’d happily see them fall through the leagues back to where they belong.
Having the funds doesn't seem important to the EFL

i8cornwall

Having the funds doesn't seem important to the EFL

They just run a competition after all, or how ever they worded it when Orient almost went bust a few years back.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
EFL and the FA generally are damned useless. They display the worst laissez faire approach to the organisation and running of the sport, only weighing in as an authority on obvious decisions and topics which directly benefit themselves. As long as they line their own pockets and grow their own power base they dont give a crap about the state of the game. To describe what they do as "management" is doing a disservice to Charles Ponzi and fraudsters worldwide.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's a cracking conspiracy theory that a Far East betting syndicate is involved and there's big money on Wigan being relegated.

Love a conspiracy theory me.

donkey

Nothing would surprise me about what some of these owners get up to..

DB9

dontpassback

Fit and proper,jeez you couldn’t make this up,betting in the Far East involves lots of money and people do all sorts for cash,floodlight failure,first throw ins etc etc,if you scratch under the Wigan drama enough It will involve lots of shady characters

DB9

Never realised the last takeover of the club was only in May!!

Legohead

Banned
Not fan owned so they can go to the wall as far as i'm concerned. It's about time the football revolution began and this revolution only has space for supporter owned or majority owned football clubs. All others deserve no sympathy now IMO.