• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wigan Athletic go into administration

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not fan owned so they can go to the wall as far as i'm concerned. It's about time the football revolution began and this revolution only has space for supporter owned or majority owned football clubs. All others deserve no sympathy now IMO.
Unfortunatly Lego my friend, Even during this whole pandemic and clubs losing loads or close to going to the wall there has not been any major shout outs, Even from supporters groups to go down the Trust owned route. It wont ever happen to the majority of clubs.

Legohead

Banned
Unfortunatly Lego my friend, Even during this whole pandemic and clubs losing loads or close to going to the wall there has not been any major shout outs, Even from supporters groups to go down the Trust owned route. It wont ever happen to the majority of clubs.

I know. Because fans always want someone else to do things for them. They want success over and above all else and worry about the possible consequences of trying and failing to get this success afterwards. Even clubs who have tasted success, like Wigan will eventually be at risk of going under if the running of the club is left down to one person / group of people who simply don't give a toss about it.

Fans are the only group of people who truly care about their club.

DB9

I know. Because fans always want someone else to do things for them. They want success over and above all else and worry about the possible consequences of trying and failing to get this success afterwards. Even clubs who have tasted success, like Wigan will eventually be at risk of going under if the running of the club is left down to one person / group of people who simply don't give a toss about it.

Fans are the only group of people who truly care about their club.
While its true that fans are a clubs life blood, Especially shown during this re-start, Football needs fans in the ground. Ownership is another story, Fans demand success, They're not like City fans where most are happy just for the club to be here and there is never any demand of our fans at the start of any season to the club to be successful and demand promotion. Wigan and like Blackburn before them was the most stereotypical "One mans club" and once those talismen left, New owners were and are reluctant to keep putting their hands in their pockets when asked, Torquay was like that for a little while until the widow got good advice and got out before it bled her dry.

What you have to realise also that clubs are businesses, Whatever they say, They are there to make money or lose as less as possible and keep trading and as you say the fans of most others clubs demand success and clubs buckle to fans when getting rid of managers and clubs like to keep fans on side by spending as much as they can and try to keep that promise of success by signing players they can ill afford. Even after this pandemic fans will still be asking or demanding success, These days of wondering if a clubs survives will soon be forgotten as sad as that may sound.

Colesman Ballz

I know. Because fans always want someone else to do things for them.
Congratulations Lego, you've just described Danny Red "down to a t" ! 🤣

Maybe I could just add a footnote regarding his trolling though ! 🤡

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Congratulations Lego, you've just described Danny Red "down to a t" ! 🤣

Maybe I could just add a footnote regarding his trolling though ! 🤡
Are you stalking him? You make quite a few comments like this. A bit creepy?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Statement from Wigan Warriors

DB9

50% of non-playing staff to lose their jobs:

DB9

Wigan to appeal 12 point deduction:

Hants_red

Admin