• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Should Exeter City remain a fan-owned club?

ex_user1234

Resigned
Hand grenades being thrown need a lot of justification behind them.
How about the truth? Surely that is always a valid justification.

C j phill

Fair enough. You gave your time, which I respect. I now know at least who you are. I'm surprised you don't think it's all a bit village fete.
Your portrayal of "village fete" is your view, but from my view of the year on the Trust Board, it is both unfair and incorrect.

My view is that any Board benefits from having professionally qualified and substantially experienced individuals in areas such as finance, law, HR, construction and yes, PR/marketing. It would be great if Trust members with these skills came forward, to stand for election, because they'd certainly get my vote.

As an aside, again from my experience, Nick Hawker does an excellent job as Trust chair, striking a balance in working positively with the Club Board and implementing change to governance arrangements which upholds the interests of the Trust and supporters, such as the establishment of separate risk and performance groups.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
How about the truth? Surely that is always a valid justification.
Just for context ...

Post #168
I am simply telling the truth as I see it.

ex_user1234

Resigned
I am sorry, but you are coming across worse than Dominic Cummings today if that is at all possible ! You do realise that the Trust hustings were videoed, and still available to view. About 15 minutes in you are commenting how WELL THE TRUST IS RUN ! A minute or so later you are extolling what a great business model the Trust is ! I won't cause you any further embarrassment by listing all your subsequent little gems !

However, you are right in your conclusion that you and the Trust are not a natural fit, duplicity has no place in it !
Read my post above. Duplicity is not putting your views on a public forum to be raked over. You know absolutely nothing about what goes on behind the scenes at City.

ex_user1234

Resigned
Just for context ...

Post #168
Sure. Just like the truth as you see it. That's the case for everyone. Perhaps ask Julian Tagg what his views are? Perhaps ask Nick Hawker? What posting on Exeweb has shown me is how unbelievably little hardly any of the posters know how their football club operates.

ex_user1234

Resigned
Your portrayal of "village fete" is your view, but from my view of the year on the Trust Board, it is both unfair and incorrect.

My view is that any Board benefits from having professionally qualified and substantially experienced individuals in areas such as finance, law, HR, construction and yes, PR/marketing. It would be great if Trust members with these skills came forward, to stand for election, because they'd certainly get my vote.

As an aside, again from my experience, Nick Hawker does an excellent job as Trust chair, striking a balance in working positively with the Club Board and implementing change to governance arrangements which upholds the interests of the Trust and supporters, such as the establishment of separate risk and performance groups.
With the greatest of respect, I'm afraid you don't have the inside track. Most of what really goes on is not in the Trust or Club board meetings. This was a surprise to me also and something I only found out after the elections.

Colesman Ballz

Read my post above. Duplicity is not putting your views on a public forum to be raked over. You know absolutely nothing about what goes on behind the scenes at City.
Perhaps you might like to rethink that comment too ! Actually I spent seven years on the Trust Board, and during that time I had a spell representing the Trust at Club Board Meetings. Now I might not be totally up to date, but I not only know the lie of the land, but even where a few skeletons are buried too !

Spoonz Red E

Sure. Just like the truth as you see it. That's the case for everyone. Perhaps ask Julian Tagg what his views are? Perhaps ask Nick Hawker? What posting on Exeweb has shown me is how unbelievably little hardly any of the posters know how their football club operates.
No. Not 'sure'.
The 'truth as I see it' is an opinion.
You're welcome to yours.
I don't claim my opinion to be the truth.

Last edited:

ex_user1234

Resigned
Perhaps you might like to rethink that comment too ! Actually I spent seven years on the Trust Board, and during that time I had a spell representing the Trust at Club Board Meetings. Now I might not be totally up to date, but I not only know the lie of the land, but even where a few skeletons are buried too !
Well, at least you've now revealed you are not impartial in this discussion about the Trust. One by one the cult members reveal themselves. This is great!

ex_user1234

Resigned
No. Not 'sure'.
The 'truth as I see it' is an opinion.
You're welcome to yours.
I don't claim my opinion to be the truth.
It's not my opinion that Nick Hawker is in charge. It's a fact. Why is that so controversial? He's the Chairman of the Trust and the Trust own the Club.