• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
It was the weird bait language that intrigued me - wtf does "Johnson's decision to face the situation" mean?
Precisely. What situation are they talking about?
Anything to make you click through.

'What's the next likely obstacle for Boris Johnston? - click here to find out'
Linking to a picture of the door at Number 10 and a DIY advert.

or with the touch of the unresolved weirdness
'Was Dominic Cummings?'
Linking to a cheap deal on condoms.

etc.

Legohead

Banned
They want to re open schools in a week but still no dentists open or cancer treatments resuming. More pain and deaths thanks to the clown tories. If Bojo gets a toothache he'll be sorted. C*cksucker.

arthur

More from the Manchester Guardian. I agree with Ed Davey..

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Sunday Times tomorrow has a very interesting and damning read.
"22 days of dither and delay"

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So it seems that it wasn't just the one visit to Durham by Cummings!

arthur

The Sunday Times tomorrow has a very interesting and damning read.
"22 days of dither and delay"
A truly schizophrenic newspaper. They did an excellent expose of government uselessness a few weeks ago but last week led with "Billionaires lose money". Presumably there a Murdoch quota they have to fulfill- once they've done that they can spend the rest of their time doing proper journalism

Legohead

Banned
Scarborough council set to re open public loos after council officials witnessing some abhorrent human behaviour by many visitors including urinating in streets and gardens and people defecating in buckets and throwing the contents onto the beach / into the sea. The problem is set to worsen with the likely improvement in weather for the Bank Holiday Monday.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Scarborough council set to re open public loos after council officials witnessing some abhorrent human behaviour by many visitors including urinating in streets and gardens and people defecating in buckets and throwing the contents onto the beach / into the sea. The problem is set to worsen with the likely improvement in weather for the Bank Holiday Monday.
Another example of how this whole thing is about risk.

If you are employed by Scarborough Council as a public loo cleaner, do you want to go back to work or remain at home - furloughed? Human nature says probably the latter. Your Union would probably say that unless Scarborough Council can 'guarantee your safety', you shouldn't go back to work. How can Scarborough Council do this? They can't. They might give you more PPE, stronger chemicals, revised procedures - but they can't make it '100%' safe.

Is it in the interests of society as a whole that you go back to work, and is the impact of you not going back to work worse in terms of public heath / benefit than you being at work?

I know we take different views about schools, but it is the same side of the coin. As are dentists, tip-operators, physiotherapists... the list is endless of jobs and companies we want to be operating but for every loud voice saying they should, someone else will say it's 'not safe'.

Spoonz Red E

Another example of how this whole thing is about risk.

If you are employed by Scarborough Council as a public loo cleaner, do you want to go back to work or remain at home - furloughed? Human nature says probably the latter. Your Union would probably say that unless Scarborough Council can 'guarantee your safety', you shouldn't go back to work. How can Scarborough Council do this? They can't. They might give you more PPE, stronger chemicals, revised procedures - but they can't make it '100%' safe.

Is it in the interests of society as a whole that you go back to work, and is the impact of you not going back to work worse in terms of public heath / benefit than you being at work?

I know we take different views about schools, but it is the same side of the coin. As are dentists, tip-operators, physiotherapists... the list is endless of jobs and companies we want to be operating but for every loud voice saying they should, someone else will say it's 'not safe'.
Which is why I get the feeling that the country is longing for clarity rather than the ingrained obsfucation and protective spin of recent habit.

Perceived and real risk.
Who's minding the gap?

Grecian2K

So it seems that it wasn't just the one visit to Durham by Cummings!
The big irony is that if the 'minger had shown a bit of humility, explained the circumstances but admitted that, with hindsight, he might have made an error of judgment then instead of this almighty furore and, indeed, perhaps even a tad of sympathy for his plight.

But being "Big Dom" he has to try to deflect, bully and possibly downright lie* his way out of it.

Unless, of course, as Hants has pointed out, he has even more to try and hide.

*Note: Before the mod squad get all heavy on me for this insinuation all I can say is, based on the evidence presented so far, someone has been a little economic with the actualitee here...and, for me at least, my trust lies with the version of events being presented by the Durham constabulary rather that the spin emanating from No 10.