• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Bowman

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Notable that Bowman not only finished the move for first goal against Cambridge but started it as well. Hard worker and no slouch.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Ryan Bowman's goals

so far ...

fred binneys head

I love Ryan Bowman, me.

Matt Russell

I love Ryan Bowman, me.
What took you so long?

fred binneys head

What took you so long?
That's fighting talk. Ask anyone who knows me, I've loved him since he joined and I could see he was a better version of Flacky, who I also loved.

Rosencrantz

Being Jayden's apparent replacement hasn't done him many favours with some I feel. Many, many former City strikers would have loved 19 goals in a bit over a season that he has been here.

Red Devon

Being Jayden's apparent replacement hasn't done him many favours with some I feel. Many, many former City strikers would have loved 19 goals in a bit over a season that he has been here.
Don’t get me wrong I’m a Bowman fan...but it’s the one’s he’s missed rather than the one’s he’s scored that has somewhat frustrated a few of us...there was even an unwanted stat going around back in January time that Bow was topping the missed chances list in League Two...to me he’s a purple patch goal scorer where he’ll get 5 in 4 games and then go 7 or 8 without finding the back of the net.

fred binneys head

What took you so long?
Just realised I think I misread your post and have made a tw@t of myself. Apologies.

Rosencrantz

Don’t get me wrong I’m a Bowman fan...but it’s the one’s he’s missed rather than the one’s he’s scored that has somewhat frustrated a few of us...there was even an unwanted stat going around back in January time that Bow was topping the missed chances list in League Two...to me he’s a purple patch goal scorer where he’ll get 5 in 4 games and then go 7 or 8 without finding the back of the net.
Hot news, strikers miss chances and at league two level it's frustrating like the wingers who can skin their full backs and over hit their crosses. Always more worrying when they don't get many chances or don't score in any reasonable number and we have had a fair few of them over the years.

All this looking back over the seasons gone by that we have been afforded in the last few weeks have highlighted how few strikers we have had that have scored consistently more than Ryan. Only really Jayden, Curo and relatively Tom Nichols (who is also not rated by some on here) in the last 20 years at football league level. Everyone else, inconsistent in front of goal, but actually looking at numbers, Ryan with an approx 1 in 3 strike rate is ahead of most.

Rosencrantz

PS. Not meaning to pick you out RD, just trying to say that Jayden was a better striker than League Two level and we were spoilt. Ryan is 28 and apart from a dalliance in the hard to judge level of the SPL, has been a conference/league two player and they, by definition of not playing higher, are just inconsistent. But Ryan is better than a lot we have had in the past.