• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Awful experience for that lady. When you say that every patient they've had in has died and only one patient over 70 has died, does this mean they've only had the one patient in over 70 and he/she died? There have been no other patients admitted 70 and above? If there were more than that then presumably they survived? So what you are saying is that most patients who are going in are between the ages of 50 and 60 and that when they do go in, despite the best efforts of the staff there, it's effectively a death sentence for them?
They've had just the one over 70.

Legohead

Banned
They've had just the one over 70.
Bloody hell Hants. That makes for sobering reading, as DB9 said.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Also I don't quite understand how being are still being infected when everyone has been at home for two weeks nearly. Surely the spread and the number of people getting infected would slow sharply given this? Why does it take so long for this 'wave' of patients that is constantly talked about to be overcome? At some point the experts need to start giving people some more information
But we're not all at home. Some of us are key workers and are still working. Meeting people who tell you they should be self-isolating but feel the need to get out.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just heard Hancock on the wireless saying that "significant progress" has been made in testing NHS staff. I think his understanding of "significant" is different to mine.
He seemed chuffed to bits they'd tested 2000 and were aiming for 100,000 by the end of the month. Obviously in no rush

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
There are problems with the tests. They need a sample of the lungs which is not easy. At my daughters hospital, they take an x-ray, which I guess is on those they they are sure are infected.

Thankfully my daughter is working remotely some 200 miles from her hospital.

IndoMike

Thanks guys. So in effect we are hoping to test people once lockdown has been lifted rather than what we should have done in the first place IMO which is test everybody from the very beginning of this outbreak?
That was the advice from the WHO : TEST TEST TEST. But because we have the best scientists In the world we decided to do herd immunity and just wasted 2-3 weeks

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I've just read my favourite conspiracy theory so far - Coronavirus doesn't exist but was fabricated so that we'd be put into lock down and then 5G masts can secretly be put up.
With the "evidence" to back this up of course! I do worry that any solution put in place to deal with this pandemic will be undone by these people.

Legohead

Banned
That was the advice from the WHO : TEST TEST TEST. But because we have the best scientists In the world we decided to do herd immunity and just wasted 2-3 weeks
and many, many lives sadly. Along with the decision to enforce lockdown weeks later than we should have done.

Alistair20000

Just heard Hancock on the wireless saying that "significant progress" has been made in testing NHS staff. I think his understanding of "significant" is different to mine.
Did the interviewer ask him for further and better particulars, detailed workings, definition of "significant progress" etc ?

LOG

Did the interviewer ask him for further and better particulars, detailed workings, definition of "significant progress" etc ?
Not that i heard although i didn't make it to the end of the questions. They probably thought it wasn't worth asking anyway as the fecker wasn't committing to anything very definite.