• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Never could get into Manhunter compared with Lambs and Hannibal
I thought that ‘The Tooth Fairy’ played wonderfully well by Tom Noohan in Manhunter was a lot more central & sinister character in story than the counterpart ‘Buffalo Bill’ in Silence of the Lambs.

Alistair20000

I thought that ‘The Tooth Fairy’ played wonderfully well by Tom Noohan in Manhunter was a lot more central & sinister character in story than the counterpart ‘Buffalo Bill’ in Silence of the Lambs.
Perhaps I need to give it another go. Could not get on with Red Dragon either

Banksy

Luc Besson’s 22 Bullets , French gangster movie ( with English subtitles) starring Jean Reno. Pretty bloody stuff. After being shot to bits in an attempt on his life Reno’s character gets his bloodthirsty revenge. Nasty.

Mr Jinx

Talking of the Tooth Fairy, we watched the film of the same name starring Dwayne Johnson on Sunday night.

There's 90 mins of my life I won't get back, but there's been a lot of that recently. It's going to be a long 3 months!!!

LOG

Hell or High Water.

Two brothers rob branches of a bank that is threatening to repossess the family ranch to raise the money to stop it from happening, all the time being pursued by Jeff Bridges. One of the brothers is a bit of a lose cannon and it doesn't end well for him. Things turn out better for the other one. It was a sort of cross between a bank robbery type film and a modern day western.

Jeff Bridges mumbled his way through it like he had a mouth full of cotton wool but it was still a decent enough effort. 6/10.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Fighting Kentuckian. John Wayne ~ Vera Ralston ~ Oliver Hardy

Before Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy became a double act they were both signed up on seperate contracts to the Hal Roach Studios. When Stan, the creative one of the partnership, (Ollie was to be found on the golf course) had a falling out with Roach and was on suspension, he encouraged Ollie to continue working hence him teaming up with Wayne and assisting him win the hand of the daughter of a Napoleonic General in Mobile, Alabama (I kid you not). While Wayne continued to play Wayne, Ollie continued to play Ollie in spite of charging around on horseback in buckskin and coonskin hats. 7.5/10
Vera Ralston wasn't considered to have much talent, but Republic Studios boss, Herbert Yates, was in love with her!

Banksy

Vikingdom (2013)
Malaysian fantasy film production. Ex King and his merry band challenge Thor. Can’t believe I watched this all the way through , somehow I managed it. Poor acting and not especially authentic costumes.Thor’s battleaxe looked like it was made out of plastic and wouldn’t kill a fly let alone a Viking warrior. Maybe that’s what made it all so fascinating , it was so unintentionally funny.
5/10

Mr Jinx

Jojo Rabbit

The first ten minutes of this had me with my jaw on the floor. It was seeing the Nazis as some sort of comedy act. I laughed so hard, but it was more like my-god-how-are-they-getting-away-with-this kind of laugh. But then of course things turn and get a bit more serious and it ends up with the moral of the story with a few shocking twists along the way.

Not for everyone, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

8.5/10

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Just watching Contagion 2011 , The film is basically how quick and easy a viral pandemic moves globally which is very sobering at this time.

DB9

Just watching Contagion 2011 , The film is basically how quick and easy a viral pandemic moves globally which is very sobering at this time.
Surprised they're showing it, Normally a film that is close to a current news subject are postponed