• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Automatic Promotion

budegrecian

If (ony 2 letters but a big word) we beat Macclesfield on Saturday & avoid defeat at Northampton, they simply won't catch us.
Colchester have it all to do now as well.
We just have to hold our nerve.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
You're making me feel nervous now :oops:

Avening Posse

An interesting set of results, with late goals aiding promotion rivals. I think we put down a marker tonight, let's try for 4 points from the Maccs and Northampton to consolidate, and then it's all to play for. Crewe vs Argyle at the weekend. Heart says Crewe win, but head wants a draw

IndoMike

An interesting set of results, with late goals aiding promotion rivals. I think we put down a marker tonight, let's try for 4 points from the Maccs and Northampton to consolidate, and then it's all to play for. Crewe vs Argyle at the weekend. Heart says Crewe win, but head wants a draw
Difficult one. I want both to lose.

Colesman Ballz

If (ony 2 letters but a big word) we beat Macclesfield on Saturday & avoid defeat at Northampton, they simply won't catch us.
Colchester have it all to do now as well.
We just have to hold our nerve.
When Crewe visit Gnome Park, either one of them will drop 3pts, or probably better still for us, a draw would mean both drop 2pts.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
When Crewe visit Gnome Park, either one of them will drop 3pts, or probably better still for us, a draw would mean both drop 2pts.

Just noticed an interesting coincidence we play Macclesfield away on Saturday and their next game the following Tuesday is home to Argigle which is the latter’s game in hand over us.

So best result for us on Saturday is a win for Crewe which would hopefully shake the former’s confidence.

Then as long as we can keep the gap between us and Crewe to one point we can still go above them by beating them at SJP in March.

A win for Argigle even if we win our game at Macclesfield would almost certainly leave us below them on GD going into the Saturday games as I would be surprised if they failed to win away at Macclesfield.

Saturday’s games being Plymouth home to Cambridge with us a very dodgy one away to a Club where to say the least we do not have a very good record Northampton Town.

Last edited:

exeter-loyal

Difficult one. I want both to lose.
Same, but not possible!!

IndoMike

Same, but not possible!!
As has been said already, I guess the draw would be best for us at the moment. Bleddy ironic that Argyle started winning after we hammered them.

exeter-loyal

As has been said already, I guess the draw would be best for us at the moment. Bleddy ironic that Argyle started winning after we hammered them.
Pi$$ed me off that they scored in stoppage time last night. That 5 point gap looked decent for a couple of minutes!

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would it though? Seems like it's 3 from 4 now. Best thing to help would be for any one team (ideally not us!) to drop off a cliff. Might suit us better for one of the teams to get battered and go into a death spiral. Ultimately, the bar for promotion will be whatever points the less successful of Plymouth and Crewe get.