• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Ipswich Town : EFL Trophy : Match Day Thread.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
He looks like a player that doesn't want to be with us. I'd rather he was honest with himself and either give his all, or tell the gaffer he wants to go back. I think that Taylor changed the formation to have randell playing in front of him late on in the game because of how vulnerable Richardson was.
I think that's a bit unfair. He's young, living away from his family, inexperienced and being asked to play out of position. It might be that he's just lacking a bit of confidence. I'm sure he's trying his best.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
MIke all that you put out are contributing factors to his mental well being, and as Sea Grecian pointed out only against the Vegans people were praising him for his effort, however this was another match, he wasn't playing out of position, well not from the setup as he was in the right wing back position. You could forget the slips (and there were a few even season professionals do these Aaron Martin), but he wasn't strong enough coming forward, he mistimed the bounce of the ball and wasn't quick enough or strong enough for their winger - strangely they scored attacking our left sided defence. Coming away from the match he was the only real downside from the team and at the moment is not the answer as cover for the right hand side.

If he was ours he would be out on loan to get minutes like the other young lads who yesterday excelled themselves

Another point that I noticed is people have questioned why Maxted punches the ball so often instead of claiming it and I would say that it would appear that he can't catch it. A couple of times easy balls came across and he fumbled them. Good shot stopper and reactionary keeper but.......

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
MIke all that you put out are contributing factors to his mental well being, and as Sea Grecian pointed out only against the Vegans people were praising him for his effort, however this was another match, he wasn't playing out of position, well not from the setup as he was in the right wing back position. You could forget the slips (and there were a few even season professionals do these Aaron Martin), but he wasn't strong enough coming forward, he mistimed the bounce of the ball and wasn't quick enough or strong enough for their winger - strangely they scored attacking our left sided defence. Coming away from the match he was the only real downside from the team and at the moment is not the answer as cover for the right hand side.

If he was ours he would be out on loan to get minutes like the other young lads who yesterday excelled themselves
Also worth bearing in mind that a week ago Jayden had started 7 senior games in his career and only played the full 90 minutes four times. As a result of the injury to Jack he has had to play 3 full games in 6 days, so maybe no surprise he wasn't at his best yesterday.

PeteUSA

Another point that I noticed is people have questioned why Maxted punches the ball so often instead of claiming it and I would say that it would appear that he can't catch it. A couple of times easy balls came across and he fumbled them. Good shot stopper and reactionary keeper but.......
....but, I would suggest he tries another onfield position, because if he cant catch the most routine of shots because hes unable to, hes in the wrong footballing job.

IndoMike

Delete

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
You can't delete other people's posts unless you're a mod Indo. :)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matt Taylor on the Lewis Ward injury

Grecianpasty

Also worth bearing in mind that a week ago Jayden had started 7 senior games in his career and only played the full 90 minutes four times. As a result of the injury to Jack he has had to play 3 full games in 6 days, so maybe no surprise he wasn't at his best yesterday.
I can appreciate your positivity when it comes to someone wearing a city shirt, but the fact remains that he's played 15 games for City this year, which is more than atangana who had not even kicked a ball for 7 months. Within that space of time we should have seen some improvement, but in my eyes I think he looks worse than he did at the start of the season.

I hope the lad improves under us. I just get the impression by his body language and lack of concentration that he isn't fully invested with us. Compare him to the other youngsters on the pitch yesterday you'd have thought he was the one who just come back from Taunton on loan.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very impressed with Dyer at the back and Hartridge - recall him and the LB issue is solved... unfortunately the more I see of Seymour the more I worry he isn't going to make it with City. He's sharp and quick but there's no strength and he looks too slow in his anticipation

It was weird standing in the away end looking at the Bank but with both sets of fans in close proximity there was a good atmosphere
i still think it's far, far too early to know whether Seymour will make it at City or not. It's disappointing that he hasn't scored yet in the league but he's shown some nice touches in and around the box and been involved in the build-up to several other goals. However, with Ajose back to fitness and hopefully Fisher not too far away as well his opportunities might be limited for the rest of the season so I wonder whether Matt Taylor may think he is one of the players who could benefit from going out on loan.

IndoMike

You can't delete other people's posts unless you're a mod Indo. :)
That was the delete used by me and other posters when we've typed something in the window but can't get rid of the window unless we delete the text and write something else.
A most annoying problem. i guess you knew that. Unfortunately it's a major but silly fault in the system.
Regarding Pete's post, I've noticed that many keepers now punch instead of catch. It started when they produced balls that were lighter and swerved more, but now it seems to be
the trend to punch. Who'd be a keeper, eh?