• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Attendances and January Window

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Seems like we’re waiting for the Watkins bonus. But we still need that striker , as sure as heck this lot ain’t getting us anywhere.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
And we have a third team of professionals.

Visser
Dyer
Dean
Hartridge
Key
Kite
Dodd
Smerdon
Randall
Simpson
Holmes

That’s 33 professionals. It’s a massive wage bill. It’s half a million quid more than we are receiving per year. To repeat we are spending £500,000+ per year more than we are receiving. That’S almost 50 grand a month, more than ten grand per week and almost £1,500 per day.

The budget has never has been bigger. It’s been spent and overspent.Ajose has a big and long contract. even if your arithmetic is right (it doesn’t include for example the contract for Visser or the improved contracts for Sparkes and Seymour since the season started) then we are losing 400k per year.

MT has signed four strikers who are averaging about five goals each, and who are the people that you complain about not being good enough. So the solution is to buy a fifth? He tried to sign a non league striker, but got outbid on wages by Solihull.

We need to cut our cloth and,until some windfall happens, fashion a solution from what we have rather than spend,spend,spend.
We are looking at a six month period until June when various players contracts are up. We can only sign players in January so the further overspend is short term yet at the same time we can look to increased gates for the first half plus success in cup competitions to part counter the expenses you have highlighted. If we continue to challenge for the autos then I would imagine that gates will continue to increase, we have done well to be where we are with what we have, but without a goal scorer then it will be difficult.

Yes we have Ajose and I hope that he comes good but as mentioned we can only sign somebody in January and if we don't then are you confident that Ajose is the answer for the goals. It's certainly not Bowman, Seymour needs more time,and strengthening and Fisher is an unknown but from what I have seen is not an instinctive goal scorer.

If we should start to tail off in the second half then so will the income source from matchday income.

Here's hoping for wins in both cup competitions and a good draw for the third round to maintain interest from a fickle public

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
We are looking at a six month period until June when various players contracts are up. We can only sign players in January so the further overspend is short term yet at the same time we can look to increased gates for the first half plus success in cup competitions to part counter the expenses you have highlighted. If we continue to challenge for the autos then I would imagine that gates will continue to increase, we have done well to be where we are with what we have, but without a goal scorer then it will be difficult.

Yes we have Ajose and I hope that he comes good but as mentioned we can only sign somebody in January and if we don't then are you confident that Ajose is the answer for the goals. It's certainly not Bowman, Seymour needs more time,and strengthening and Fisher is an unknown but from what I have seen is not an instinctive goal scorer.

If we should start to tail off in the second half then so will the income source from matchday income.

Here's hoping for wins in both cup competitions and a good draw for the third round to maintain interest from a fickle public
I think we need to back the players we have. I don’t think we have seen enough yet from either Fisher or Seymour to definitively say they are not the answer. And while the missed chances understandably get all the attention, it sounded from the radio like the whole team were poor in the second half.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
In an ideal world I would play the same team as yesterday and tell them to put right what they did wrong.
But I know that's not possible.
I'd think wotsisname new keeper, Randall, Warren, Fisher, Jay, Woodman, Taylor should all get a run out + some youngsters, but not really sure.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think we need to back the players we have. I don’t think we have seen enough yet from either Fisher or Seymour to definitively say they are not the answer. And while the missed chances understandably get all the attention, it sounded from the radio like the whole team were poor in the second half.
Nice sentiment, and one we will probaby have to stick with for the season, but when you have in your team one of the best providers and your top scorer is a midfielder something is wrong with your strikers.

Yes we haven't seen enough of Fisher but to me his signing was always as a backup/squad player and he hasn't set the world alight anywhere else he has played. Seymour will be good but needs to add strength to his play, when he does he will be exceptional, but it won't be this season, that leaves Bowman who gets into positions but then generally blasts wide, and Ajose who is an unknown quantity in that we don't know if he was affected by his leg in the matches we did see. Once February comes that is what we shall have.

We have done well to be where we are and generally on the back of strong defending, but it is goals that win matches and with what we have I can't see us maintaining our position I hope I am wrong and Ajose comes good at least he will have one of the best provediers to assist him in his goal

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting comments from MT in this articles below concerning Randy and looking to sign players on similar terms to the Watford deal, and that we may be looking at making one or two signings in January (🤞striiker and right back) https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/city-expect-randell-williams-play-3620193

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting comments from MT in this articles below concerning Randy and looking to sign players on similar terms to the Watford deal, and that we may be looking at making one or two signings in January
As you say, interesting.

Matt seems to be worried that the very success of the Academy is going to be its Achilles heel in the future. Taggy definitely worries that unless the EPPP is reformed we will continue to get shafted by richer clubs.

Things will presumably only start to change when "big" clubs begin to lose talented youngsters for peanuts to "even bigger clubs". Elliott from Fulham to Liverpool is getting close to that scenario: Fulham are demanding a £7M fee, Liverpool are not playing ball and dragging out a Tribunal decision. Sound familiar?

budegrecian

As you say, interesting.

Matt seems to be worried that the very success of the Academy is going to be its Achilles heel in the future. Taggy definitely worries that unless the EPPP is reformed we will continue to get shafted by richer clubs.

Things will presumably only start to change when "big" clubs begin to lose talented youngsters for peanuts to "even bigger clubs". Elliott from Fulham to Liverpool is getting close to that scenario: Fulham are demanding a £7M fee, Liverpool are not playing ball and dragging out a Tribunal decision. Sound familiar?

Should they get it, they would no doubt give us half of it for Jay Stansfield.:rolleyes:

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Doesn't sound like our previous relationship with AI will be much use then when it comes to Ben Chrisene

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Should they get it, they would no doubt give us half of it for Jay Stansfield.:rolleyes:
I just saw a pig fly past my window.