• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scunthorpe Away

CITY CASUAL

Clap clap from me.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Clap clap from me.
Good...No chance of me nodding off whilst I’m driving back after the game :D

Grecian_in_Plymouth

clap clap from me short hop over from
Wakefield

Legohead

Banned
Bringing a pal for this. Originally from near Scunny so familiar surroundings for me. Also my first away game of the season so very much looking forward to it.

Oldsmobile-88

I noticed on the Scunthorpe site under 12s are free(with paying adult)..It’s a half term week.I would imagine the offer would have to be reciprocal for away fans.

My last visit to Glanford Park(or whatever it’s called now) was when it was first opened in 1988/89.The first new football ground in 33 years.
There was nothing in the area accept for the stadium.
Changed a bit now I hope !

Grecian2K

I noticed on the Scunthorpe site under 12s are free(with paying adult)..It’s a half term week.I would imagine the offer would have to be reciprocal for away fans.

My last visit to Glanford Park(or whatever it’s called now) was when it was first opened in 1988/89.The first new football ground in 33 years.
There was nothing in the area accept for the stadium.
Changed a bit now I hope !
Big Tesco superstore just across the road now, with a couple of small retail estates.
Pub (The Old Farmhouse) right by the ground next to the Travelodge. Not too bad for a "Hungry Horse" establishment.
Frequented both quite frequently back in my working days when on contracts in North Lincs. Sadly (at least for fitting City away days with work - on expenses) now retired so won't be finally enjoying a CITY game at Glanford Park.

Legohead

Banned
Been to Scunny a couple of times this season whilst up visiting family. It hasn't changed a bit. Still a grey, decaying gulag-esque corrugated shell. Pitch is superb though.

The owner now has permission to redevelop the ground after years of legal wrangling with N Lincs council but work hasn't begun yet and there is no news on when it will. This is because the owner also wants planning permission to build a load of apartments on the site but that permission has not been granted and possibly never will. Leading some fans believe that the owner won't redevelop unless the apartment plans are passed leaving the club in a state of limbo despite permission to commence redevelopment work being granted already.

The club are in so much debt that if Mr Swann the owner decides to pull out and not clear the debt, the club will probably do a Bury.

Home fans behind the goal in the Britcon are the quietest i've ever heard at a football ground. No atmosphere whatsoever at the Sands Venue Stadium nowadays. A bit like the town now. Dead and depressing.

They have the Iron bar at the ground but service is slow and they frequently run out of beers and stuff.

There is a car park at the ground. It's 3 quid a car but free if anybody has a blue badge. They close off the road out of the stadium straight after kick off to allow fans to disperse and it can take around 20/30 minutes or so to exit. If you want to avoid this then get to your car 5 minutes before full time and you can get out before they do this.

There is some free parking on the end of the Gunness Straight or other than that further towards the town in the residential areas.

There is a large TESCO at the other side of Donny Road and a McDonalds too and there is also a retail park next to the ground that has a B&M's etc. There is the pub next to the ground too but other than that nothing else. Pubs are towards the town centre.

Kids under 12 are free at every game at Scunny and not just for our visit.

Last edited:

grecian55

Last time i went Scunny we went in the Berkley Hotel ,Samuel Smith beer and the staff and clientale were great ,i wonder if it's still like that .

Legohead

Banned
The Berkeley has been having a few issues of late and it did close down for a while. In fact i'm not sure if it still is closed.