• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crewe Alexandra v Exeter City Matchday Thread

exeter-loyal

He landed heavily after the failed attempt to keep their goal out!
Not good then!!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Its all very well moaning about missed chances but its not like the players aren't trying hard enough to score. Sometimes they go in, sometimes they don't and at the moment we're having a rough ride in front of goal. So long as we continue to create chances that trend will change. We'll be fine. This team is going up automatically, who knows maybe even as Champions.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Matt's post match interview

Exehausted

Matt's post match interview

After the comments from people on here I'm frightened to click play!

dontpassback

Dissapointing to play so well first half and not kill the game off,but a point away against the second placed team is always a good point,Taylor is obviously frustrated,but I expect the wondermanager down the A38 is equally hacked off! So it’s vegan rovers next up,so hopefully some clinical finishing will put us in good stead

hardi2b

hmmmm look at the header on the vid...pre-match interview.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would drop Bowman, start with Fisher, Jay or Seymour, then bring the Carthorse on for the last 10 mins
Said it last week...Bowman needs a rest.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dissapointing to play so well first half and not kill the game off,but a point away against the second placed team is always a good point,Taylor is obviously frustrated,but I expect the wondermanager down the A38 is equally hacked off! So it’s vegan rovers next up,so hopefully some clinical finishing will put us in good stead
Where is the clinical finishing going to come from.....we do not have a recognised goal scorer. Matt may have been unlucky in not being able to land a recognised striker other than Ajose (the jury is still very much out on him) but it has to be said this has been the one area of his business dealings where he appears to have failed.

You have to score goals to have any chance of promotion and he has to somehow find an answer because if he does not do so we will continue to drop points with the inevitable result of dropping down the league.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
All up for giving Bowman a rest. Fisher's looked good when he's played.

hardi2b

I believe that with the forward movement from Atangana when he gets a start the pattern of play development will change and involve a more direct approach leading to more opportunities from the "old fashioned inside " positions involving Seymoure, Law and Taylor instead of relying on Bowman. Or am I completely " "off base" with my reasoning ?