• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crewe Alexandra v Exeter City Matchday Thread

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
If Ward is out, do we have a back up keeper to go on the bench?
No. Jack Arthur is 16. I think if Lewis Ward has a broken bone then we’ll have to see whether we’re allowed an emergency keeper loan.

On the interview, I think Matt comes across OK. Basically extremely frustrated we haven’t taken our chances and been out of sight before Crewe scored. That essentially what was said on the thread by fans. I think Matt will calm down and emphasise the positives in the next few days.

By the way ( and this is a genuine question,not a coded criticism) does anyone know why has Jack Sparkes been subbed in the last two games when some posters have him down for MoTM?

STURTZ

We have a problem scoring goals - but that's easy to solve-Tisdale 2006.

On the plus side we are still unbeaten away and have yet to play a team which look to be better than us.

However Forest Green next week does seem to be a bit of a challenge, one thing for sure, Jonny Maxted is going to need our total support. To be positive, if this happened last season we'd be looking at Hammy between the sticks.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Disappointing that only 368 Exeter fans went today. Was expecting a few more.

Exehausted

All up for giving Bowman a rest. Fisher's looked good when he's played.
Fisher has looked good but he has only played at the end of games against tiring defences and most notably he hasn't scored or even looked like scoring. I know that people are frustrated but I will be very surprised if Ryan doesn't start next week. I think people calling him a carthorse are being very unfair. He leads the line very well each week, soaking up a lot of stick from defenders and always giving them a hard time. His first touch is good as is his vision, regularly bringing others into the game. He will click I'm sure. Getting Ajose fit and firing is the most important thing. I also think that people are being unfair when they say that Matt has failed at signing strikers. I'm sure that he has tried very hard and this is the best that he could do. Good strikers command huge wages at this level and they are rarer than rocking horse dung. I'm sure that Nicky Maynard at Mansfield is on more than Ajose and look how well he's done this season.

Last edited:

budegrecian

We have a problem scoring goals - but that's easy to solve-Tisdale 2006.

On the plus side we are still unbeaten away and have yet to play a team which look to be better than us.

However Forest Green next week does seem to be a bit of a challenge, one thing for sure, Jonny Maxted is going to need our total support. To be positive, if this happened last season we'd be looking at Hammy between the sticks.

Yes, certainly shows the wisdom of getting in two decent keepers; I don't feel nearly as apprehensive as I did last year when Pym was out.
Will Maxted now play v Newport in the Leasing cup game or can we not afford to risk him. If we save him for Saturday how long does it take to get an emergency keeper signed, assuming we're allowed to.

Red Devon

Give Ben Seymour a chance that would be my call.....but I can’t decide who to leave out both Bow and Lee Martin add to a performance in there own way.

andrew p long

Yes, certainly shows the wisdom of getting in two decent keepers; I don't feel nearly as apprehensive as I did last year when Pym was out.
Will Maxted now play v Newport in the Leasing cup game or can we not afford to risk him. If we save him for Saturday how long does it take to get an emergency keeper signed, assuming we're allowed to.
I have had a quick look. I found a version of Reg 57 EFL. emergency keeper loan allowed if all professional keepers at the club are out injured. If so can be signed at very short notice.
So we won’t be allowed an emergency loan signing whilst Maxted is fit. But if he picks up a knock we can get a loanee in at short notice, so obviously need to get something lined up as a precaution.

ryancooper327

He landed heavily after the failed attempt to keep their goal out!
Saw this before seeing the goal and expected a calamitous, haphazard attempt to stop a weak effort.

But no, it was wellied at him from close range after some unfortunate pinball...

Red Devon

Artell quite complementary about us.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Sky Sports highlights