• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Model kit Building (Hobby Thread)

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
The pilot already glued and looking painted, Not painting the fusalage first while in pieces Lez? Wont it be more diffulct to paint later?
going by the instructions you did the cockpit and the pilot first painting them then glueing.. then put the fuselage together with wings then mask up cockpit to paint every where else...

once its all glued you can't put the pilot in.... i'll touch the paint up once dried...

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
going by the instructions you did the cockpit and the pilot first painting them then glueing.. then put the fuselage together with wings then mask up cockpit to paint every where else...

once its all glued you can't put the pilot in.... i'll touch the paint up once dried...
Fair do's mate, Just seemed strange but that explanation sounds good

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Couple of questions Lez ...
you painted the pilot while sat in the cockpit ?
that bit in front of the cockpit needs filler sometimes easier to use a bit of the sprue cut down to size then 1200 wet n dry paper.
have you got a really good fine model saw ? I use to cut open the flaps on wings to give them a better look.

The ship I'm building has approx. 18 parts that need cutting out of plastic card to make part of the focastle which is about 1 1/2 inch long with my clumsy fingers its handy to have a model jig with numerous crocodile clips attached
no I painted the pilot separate to seat and cockpit (and decal fixed) then glued them together before I fitted them to the fuselage... I will touch up the paint after... I wore some of it off trying to get the fuselage to fit..

yes the putty is now drying on a few bits of the plane, the left wing didnt white sit flush either so filled that tiny space with putty and a cocktail stick lol

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Fair do's mate, Just seemed strange but that explanation sounds good
I did think to do it after but the fit is that damn tight I’m glad I painted those bit first now.. once the glass is fitted and masked it will be easy to spray the fit the landing gear last depending on how I feel

Attachments

DB9

I did think to do it after but the fit is that damn tight I’m glad I painted those bit first now.. once the glass is fitted and masked it will be easy to spray the fit the landing gear last depending on how I feel
Got a steady hand for any detail if you need to Lez?

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
I was always very good at colouring in between the lines at school :):)

Reactions: DB9

Swanaldo

Sad gits. The only models I ever had in my bedroom were underwear models.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
I had Jet from Gladiators on my bedroom wall...

DB9

Ooo you stud muffin!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Whats not to like about Flannelette night gowns and granny bloomers !