• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women

Dannyred

At least you have moved on from aren't allowed, to share SJP, which again is false as they did play there last year in the cup against Buckland Athletic and probably wil again for a big match.

Before coming back on here bleating equality may I suggest you supply some facts to back up your claims. Facts like what crowds they are getting at the moment, be it at Cullompton and compare that to the recent attendance at SJP in the cup match. Perhaps somehow you could factor in how much this match could have been affectedf by being a cup match difficult I know, also how much the attendance should (not wild speculation) increase if they were to play @ SJP. Also facts about the running costs of putting on a match at SJP and what size crowd is needed to break even for a match. Perhaps to support your claims you could find a national study on the probable growth rate of women's football in this country (not America or France but the UK) over the next five years.

Also you may want to take into account the players opinions and views, it has already been mentioned that the team are quite happy playing at Cullompton. Have you ever thought that they really are and that they don't want to play in an empty stadium where the sound echoes and they would probably spend more time chasing about the stands retrieving the ball than playing.

Exeter City football club is a business and as it is trust run all of us members would hate to think that it is missing out on a profitable opportunity to make money, to support it's other community based projects and the teams so it would be interesting to read the FACTS that we are overlooking

Don't try speculation on the back of the women's world cup because basically that was the elite in the sport and to be perfectly frank was not very good, with too many missed passes and loose balls bouncing around. And probably now that it is over I doubt many people can remember more than five of the England squad
As a trust and supposedly family club do you not think equal opportunities matter if you work hard and reach the first team.

You say the women’s team are happy to play at cullompton rather than SJP I can tell you that is not completely true with all the players.

You also mentioned the women’s World Cup was not very good and of poor quality yet you support Exeter City and Not Manchester City.

I can also tell you that millions is being put into women’s football and big companies are queuing to come on board, Do you not think that some companies in Exeter would not want to support the women’s team playing at SJP of course they would and probably a lot more than you would think.

You mentioned the growth rate, Huge amount of new girls teams have started up for this coming season in this country and far more girls playing football outside of school than ever before.

As for the England players they are household names in a lot of homes and lovely people.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
You can tell us lots of things but please back it up with facts and evidence related to the UK game not just your opinion.

I am not adverse to women playing at SJP and neither are the club but as we all know far too well today's football is about money and survival.

If you know of companies willing to invest into Exeter City women's team introduce them to the club point them in the right direction see what can be done, it's alright harping on about things on this forum but at some time let your actions speak for you.

I don't doubt that over the next few years women's football is going to grow at an accelerated rate which is good but if you have this great knowledge of sports marketing and business acumen share it with the club if you care about it don't just bleat on here.

If I was from Manchester perhaps I would follow Manchester City but as I am not then I don't and I follow and contribute to my local professional club who I have followed for more than fifty years

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Simple answer to that if the u12 players work hard and make it to the first team they Will play at SJP If they are Males.
What about the disability teams?
Double standards. Or business sense?

Dannyred

You can tell us lots of things but please back it up with facts and evidence related to the UK game not just your opinion.

I am not adverse to women playing at SJP and neither are the club but as we all know far too well today's football is about money and survival.

If you know of companies willing to invest into Exeter City women's team introduce them to the club point them in the right direction see what can be done, it's alright harping on about things on this forum but at some time let your actions speak for you.

I don't doubt that over the next few years women's football is going to grow at an accelerated rate which is good but if you have this great knowledge of sports marketing and business acumen share it with the club if you care about it don't just bleat on here.

If I was from Manchester perhaps I would follow Manchester City but as I am not then I don't and I follow and contribute to my local professional club who I have followed for more than fifty years
I don’t think you understand the club as you think you do.

You mentioned the club is a business and needs to make money, Do you think the club have ever maximised that potential it has to do this and again have you not thought of the kudos it would of gained with bringing the women’s team to SJP.

Again we don’t have experienced people capable of marketing the women’s team or they would of done it.

I think there are ways to bring the women’s team to SJP but this should of been ideally put into place weeks ago to have gained full publicity and financial backing on the back of the successful women’s World Cup.

We will see bigger crowds this season in the women’s game and we have the women’s euros in 2021 in the uk that will go up another level to the success of the World Cup.

i8cornwall

What about the disability teams?
Double standards. Or business sense?
I'm only able to lobby the trust and club on one issue at a time. These made up facts don't think them sleeves up you know!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Opinions not Facts - boring

Dannyred

Opinions not Facts - boring
Over 50,000 tickets have already gone for England women’s match in November which is a live tv match and I would expect it will be a close sell out.

That’s a fact that people want to see women’s football as did the 11.8 million watching England women’s semi final match.

Who do you listen to that makes your facts better than mine.

You clearly don’t know the full impact of the women’s team not playing at SJP.

We have only one woman on the board who comes on exeweb , it would be interesting to hear her view on the subject.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don’t think you understand the club as you think you do. And you do? Yet without evidence, when asked to support your claims you provide nothing but your opinions and digress from the issues raised usually throwing a snipe at the current employees of the club, what is your expertise in women's football. How many ECWFC matches have you been to . Did you go to the Buckland match last year

You mentioned the club is a business and needs to make money, Do you think the club have ever maximised that potential it has to do this and again have you not thought of the kudos it would of gained with bringing the women’s team to SJP. I have said it is a business yes I have never said it is an efficient business. The people in charge do what they feel is best for the club within their capacity and from what I have seen under advisement from experts in the field - not always to everybodies approval

Again we don’t have experienced people capable of marketing the women’s team or they would of done it. I do not know the people concerned in the marketing team or their experience or qualifications presumably you do to make such a judgement

I think there are ways to bring the women’s team to SJP but this should of been ideally put into place weeks ago to have gained full publicity and financial backing on the back of the successful women’s World Cup. And you did what at this time, apart from bleat on this forum which is run independently of the club

We will see bigger crowds this season in the women’s game and we have the women’s euros in 2021 in the uk that will go up another level to the success of the World Cup. As most people have recognized the women's game is growing and will grow it's not rocket science and the standard will improve from where it is now
Responses above, however I know nothing other than watching the odd world cup match on the telly generally because nothing else was on and as I have said the standard was not that impressive for the elite of the sport. One or two stand out teams but the others not up to much. If you then funnel that standard down through the leagues across the country it doesn't excite me enough to go and watch it. It will improve and as you say interest will likely go up a level with the womens Euros being played in this country. What you haven't come up with are actual facts and figures of why every game should be played at SJP.

Dannyred

Responses above, however I know nothing other than watching the odd world cup match on the telly generally because nothing else was on and as I have said the standard was not that impressive for the elite of the sport. One or two stand out teams but the others not up to much. If you then funnel that standard down through the leagues across the country it doesn't excite me enough to go and watch it. It will improve and as you say interest will likely go up a level with the womens Euros being played in this country. What you haven't come up with are actual facts and figures of why every game should be played at SJP.
One simple fact,Are the club Not educating young kids that girls are not valued equally when playing football in Exeter by the club.

Women sent out of the City they are representing but men remain.

Should we have a minimum of 2 or 3 women on the board to stand up for the women’s team.

Maybe Elaine will give her views on here.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
One actual fact that is realistic is that if the club were doing as you say they would have been brought up before a sex discrimination board under the various law along with the rest of the football league. What you are pertaining to as fact is your interpretation of what you perceive top be equality, with no Facts attached only supposition