• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Boateng signs for MK Dons

Ash

Mornin Grecians franchise fan at peace ere ....wot r we getting then with Hiram,and from a personal point of view I hope we don't sign Christy P....
If he can stay fit and find consistency, you'll have a proper player on your hands. He has great technique and on his day, shows plenty of power and marauding intent. 3 goals in 2 years from a player who mostly played as an attacking midfielder or a number 10 tells it's own story though and is why he's signing for you rather than, with no offense intended, someone much better. One of those players for whom you could make a YouTube highlights video where he would look like a world beater, then you'd watch him live and wonder how the **** it can be the same player. Has the talent to play in the Championship at least, this move will determine whether he actually makes it or spends his whole career in the lower leagues, wondering what might have been.

Ash

Mornin Grecians franchise fan at peace ere ....wot r we getting then with Hiram,and from a personal point of view I hope we don't sign Christy P....
I'd be gobsmacked of Pym ended up with you. His relationship with Tis was reportedly not the best and I can't see either of them wanting to rekindle it.

Stelios

A talented footballer who we're weaker without. Some fans don't rate him but hey, that's football.

Left footed. Decent tackler. Great at picking a ball up in the middle and driving forward. Unstoppable at certain times. Strong with a bit of skill. Good passer. Can find space and create lots of assists. Gets forward, cuts the ball back into the box etc. Will provide goals. Will score 1 'Worldie' per season :)

Is he the new Gerrard/Lampard? No, not yet. Too hesitant at times. Unable to dominate a game for 90 minutes and drifts in and out too much. I don't know whether it's a confidence thing or he just isn't quite up to it? Hopeless finisher in the box. Again, lack of skill or lack of confidence? I'd forgotten about his complete no-show at Wembley(!). Thanks for reminding me.

Missed most of the season with a serious hip injury.

As David "Bumble" Lloyd would say: He's a 'Daisy" player. Some days he does it. Some days he doesn't. Tisdale knows what he's doing. He hasn't signed dross from us (OK Simpson not the best but I think that was more about what he brings off the pitch).

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
MK Dons fan -

"I honestly can't put my finger on a bad signing tis has made so far".
I've heard it all now ! (rofl)

Many of his signings made minimal impact / hardly played.

The key factor was he went into a club with two strikers capable of scoring 20 goals a season in league 2, that is why they sneaked promotion.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
A talented footballer who we're weaker without. Some fans don't rate him but hey, that's football.

Left footed. Decent tackler. Great at picking a ball up in the middle and driving forward. Unstoppable at certain times. Strong with a bit of skill. Good passer. Can find space and create lots of assists. Gets forward, cuts the ball back into the box etc. Will provide goals. Will score 1 'Worldie' per season :)
Decent tackler ??? I rarely saw him make a worthwhile challenge. His passing was often poor as well.

Boateng has plenty of ability, sadly we didn't see enough of it, I'd have big question marks hanging over his attitude and desire, if you were going to war you certainly wouldn't want him beside you !

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Boateng has a languid style of running, particularly at a slower pace, which causes the sort of comments made by our resident Chimp. However, that languid style also makes him bloody hard to stop once he gets up a head of steam. He does have a habit of drifting in and out of games but, much like a certain ageing Ginger magician residing at Stadium MK, when he's in the game you know about it. I think he will be one of these players who is better equipped to play a higher standard of football then he is lower. You get some players who struggle to adapt to the hustle and bustle of League 2.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Boateng has a languid style of running, particularly at a slower pace, which causes the sort of comments made by our resident Chimp.
Comments such as ?

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Comments such as ?
Being lazy and not putting enough effort in. Lack of attitude and desire. Do you want me to continue?

Last edited:

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Being lazy and not putting enough effort in. Lack of attitude and desire. Do you want me to continue?
My opinion that he didn't work hard enough had nothing to do with his running style, if you genuinely think he was a player who put a shift in week in week out you are totally deluded, he clearly didn't, compare his work ethic to players like Law and Lee Martin, there is no comparison.

Last edited:

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
A talented footballer who we're weaker without.Really? Some fans don't rate him but hey, that's football Suppose I'm one of those then.

Left footed. Decent tackler?. Great at picking a ball up in the middle and driving forward. Unstoppable at certain times. Strong with a bit of skill. Good passer. Can find space and create lots of assists. Gets forward, cuts the ball back into the box etc. Will provide goals, but notr necessarily score them even when delivered on a plate. Will score 1 'Worldie' per season :) Will make up for the missed opportunities then

Is he the new Gerrard/Lampard? No, not yet nor ever will be. Too hesitant at times. Unable to dominate a game for 90 minutes and drifts in and out too much. I don't know whether it's a confidence thing or he just isn't quite up to it? Hopeless finisher in the box. Again, lack of skill or lack of confidence? I'd forgotten about his complete no-show at Wembley(!). Thanks for reminding me.

Missed most of the season with a serious hip injury.

As David "Bumble" Lloyd would say: He's a 'Daisy" player. Some days he does it. More often than not he doesn't. Tisdale knows what he's doing. He hasn't signed dross from us (OK Simpson(technically Simpson was a free agent at the time and had been released by us so does that mean he was signed from us) not the best but I think that was more about what he brings off the pitch).
Reality check